Questions for a car valeting company

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
EmilyConnor

Questions for a car valeting company

Post by EmilyConnor » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 am

Because of my busy schedule, there are plenty of times when I forget to wash my car or even take it to a car wash station. Then I’ve heard about car valeting being a good alternative option for those who have no time to wash their cars like me. So I researched about it online and found this car valeting Perth company. I’m planning to avail of their service, but I thought it’ll be better to get some opinions from people who tried using it before. Are there any important questions that I should ask the car valeting provider before obtaining their services?

Smitten

Re: Questions for a car valeting company

Post by Smitten » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:03 am

EmilyConnor wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:27 am
Because of my busy schedule, there are plenty of times when I forget to wash my car or even take it to a car wash station. Then I’ve heard about car valeting being a good alternative option for those who have no time to wash their cars like me. So I researched about it online and found this car valeting Perth company. I’m planning to avail of their service, but I thought it’ll be better to get some opinions from people who tried using it before. Are there any important questions that I should ask the car valeting provider before obtaining their services?
A valet means different things to different people and can range from a man with a trolley in the supermarket car park to a company spending a full day on a Ferrari in a pristine garage setting. Not sure which end of the spectrum your valet company is but regardless, I would want to know exactly what a valet comprises and the stages the company goes through from start to finish. For example, is a snow foam used to lift dirt from paintwork? How are cars washed? Are they using the two bucket method and premium microfiber wash mitts? Are wheels or lower body washed with same mitts and water? How do they reach over the car to get to the difficult spots and are staff advised not to wear watches, rings or clothes with protruding buttons and zips? How is the car dried? What detailing products are used on wheels, bodywork and glass? It is easy to create swirl marks on paintwork as the Jaguar finish is quite soft but much will depend on how fussy you are about this!

At least you live in a soft water area so don't have to worry about that!

I am sure there will be others with excellent advice as well.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:26 am

That's an impressively comprehensive answer Smitten, think you've pretty much got it all covered there :)

I actually thought the original post read like it might be just spam for a particular car valeting service, but as there was no link to a specific company or website in the text it avoided getting deleted . . . so, we'll see if Emily plays ;)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 am

catwoman wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:26 am
That's an impressively comprehensive answer Smitten, think you've pretty much got it all covered there :)

I actually thought the original post read like it might be just spam for a particular car valeting service, but as there was no link to a specific company or website in the text it avoided getting deleted . . . so, we'll see if Emily plays ;)
I read it over morning coffee and just blasted off an answer as I had time, I am a bit of a cleaning freak. Didn't think I had seen a post from that person before so you may be right!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:44 am

Emily Connor,

If you want to provide the name of the valeter I can let you know if they have a good reputation or not. I recently did quite an extensive search for Valeters and Detailers in the North of Scotland.

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

EmilyConnor

Post by EmilyConnor » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 am

Greetings!

Sorry I forgot to include the link, but I have had my car valeted by a car valeting company found on other forum site., Thanks for the response guys!

mik

Post by mik » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:45 am

EmilyConnor wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 am
Greetings!

Sorry I forgot to include the link, but I have had my car valeted by a car valeting company found on other forum site., Thanks for the response guys!
I used them before but wasn’t that impressed. I then tried another car valeting company found on other forum site and tried them instead. What a difference! :o
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:27 am

I didn't wash the car this weekend, but not because I was too busy or forgot or anything . . I just decided not to bother because the weather was pretty rubbish and the wet country lanes are filthy with autumn leaves and mud anyway . . would have been a complete waste of time after going just 200 yards down the road this morning! :lol:
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”