IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
corriescar66
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:21 pm

JOCK55 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am
MRB wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am
"I have never seen such a poor finish on a new vehicle....... ever!" Really???

He would say that wouldn't he your the poor sucker paying £800 to have your car polished!

Sorry mate but if you really believe that a liquid from a bottle is going to seriously protect your paintwork you are mistaken. A good machine buffing and a coat of Swiss wax or similar would have been just as good if not better and the price certainly no more that £150 and possibly another £50 for the removal of the road wheels.

The phrase snake oil comes to mind, you have been had big time.
Thank you for your constructive comment. I shall take this into account the next time I make a purchase of goods or services.

Jock
Don't worry.... I was originally skeptical of these coatings, having been fleeced by Supagard....

Now coming to the end of year 2 with GTechniq and, in the words of The Monkees, 'I'm a believer'... So much so, I had my XKR done earlier in the summer too..

Looks great and undoubtedly be better protected for the Scottish winter to come than the ones covered in Swiss cheese... ;)

If anyone feels that something from a bottle is incapable of protecting paintwork then I suggest they buy a bottle and try it on any metal painted surface (not your car). Let it go hard and then try to get it off. You'll need wet & dry paper and a lot of elbow grease.

If anyone would like some free wax and all the many pre treatment bottles, they're welcome to come and get it.....


Hydrajaws
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 9:10 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Post by Hydrajaws » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:01 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:21 pm
JOCK55 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am
MRB wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am
"I have never seen such a poor finish on a new vehicle....... ever!" Really???

He would say that wouldn't he your the poor sucker paying £800 to have your car polished!

Sorry mate but if you really believe that a liquid from a bottle is going to seriously protect your paintwork you are mistaken. A good machine buffing and a coat of Swiss wax or similar would have been just as good if not better and the price certainly no more that £150 and possibly another £50 for the removal of the road wheels.

The phrase snake oil comes to mind, you have been had big time.
Thank you for your constructive comment. I shall take this into account the next time I make a purchase of goods or services.

Jock
Don't worry.... I was originally skeptical of these coatings, having been fleeced by Supagard....

Now coming to the end of year 2 with GTechniq and, in the words of The Monkees, 'I'm a believer'... So much so, I had my XKR done earlier in the summer too..

Looks great and undoubtedly be better protected for the Scottish winter to come than the ones covered in Swiss cheese... ;)

If anyone feels that something from a bottle is incapable of protecting paintwork then I suggest they buy a bottle and try it on any metal painted surface (not your car). Let it go hard and then try to get it off. You'll need wet & dry paper and a lot of elbow grease.

If anyone would like some free wax and all the many pre treatment bottles, they're welcome to come and get it.....

I considered having my first F Pace treated with Geotech ceramic but fortunately I mentioned this to a friend who runs a very large body shop doing insurance work for some of the large companies. "Snake Oil and The Kings New Clothes" was mentioned but on a serious note the recommendation was not to do it. The main reason being that the very hard surface protection is almost impossible to remove should any paint work be required after accident damage. Body shops hate ceramic coatings and the insurance companies are seriously looking at the exta costs involved in having to strip treated panels prior to painting and who then retreats the painted panel and at what cost? Paint correction very definately yes but regularly use a good wax polish to preserve the shine. Call me sceptical if you will but where did all this ceramic paint treatment come from? The USA and that says it all!!! As somebody else has suggested get the factory paint corrected and I suggest buy a tin of the old Simonize yellow wax for around £7 and this will produce a shine equal to these new fangled unproven products.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.


corriescar66
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Hydrajaws wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:01 pm
corriescar66 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:21 pm


Don't worry.... I was originally skeptical of these coatings, having been fleeced by Supagard....

Now coming to the end of year 2 with GTechniq and, in the words of The Monkees, 'I'm a believer'... So much so, I had my XKR done earlier in the summer too..

Looks great and undoubtedly be better protected for the Scottish winter to come than the ones covered in Swiss cheese... ;)

If anyone feels that something from a bottle is incapable of protecting paintwork then I suggest they buy a bottle and try it on any metal painted surface (not your car). Let it go hard and then try to get it off. You'll need wet & dry paper and a lot of elbow grease.

If anyone would like some free wax and all the many pre treatment bottles, they're welcome to come and get it.....

I considered having my first F Pace treated with Geotech ceramic but fortunately I mentioned this to a friend who runs a very large body shop doing insurance work for some of the large companies. "Snake Oil and The Kings New Clothes" was mentioned but on a serious note the recommendation was not to do it. The main reason being that the very hard surface protection is almost impossible to remove should any paint work be required after accident damage. Body shops hate ceramic coatings and the insurance companies are seriously looking at the exta costs involved in having to strip treated panels prior to painting and who then retreats the painted panel and at what cost? Paint correction very definately yes but regularly use a good wax polish to preserve the shine. Call me sceptical if you will but where did all this ceramic paint treatment come from? The USA and that says it all!!! As somebody else has suggested get the factory paint corrected and I suggest buy a tin of the old Simonize yellow wax for around £7 and this will produce a shine equal to these new fangled unproven products.
Your post is based on opinions only -yours and second hand ones.

Mine is based on FACT. As I said, I was sceptical, but having had it applied to two of my cars AND having one repaired in a body shop, the only thing you are correct about is that to have coatings re-applied on repaired panels is disproportionately expensive to having the whole car done.

Feel free to keep using 20th century techniques to keep your XF clean and shiny. I don't have the time to spend on 4 days polishing and waxing a car only to have it covered in pollen stuck to the wax the next day.

I fail to see that without having any first hand knowledge of these products, the people that apply them, the ease of cleaning or the quality of the finish, that you are qualified to give any comments on them one way or the other.

A friends son had his car repaired by an insurance company approved 'large body shop' recently. It came back with different number plates front and back and missing the grill badge. They didn't know the difference between Hans Christian Andersen and Elvis either...

Perhaps we should do a poll for those that have coated their cars and ask if they would do it again...


jagman2017
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm

Re: IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Post by jagman2017 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:05 pm

Ridiculous post I also have Gtec applied to my F pace a year ago the car looks like it did when it came out the detailers
Just wash and dry car looks fantastic

8C6CDC29-2818-41E9-8FAC-30D8FD332B38.jpeg

Car washed and dried yesterday
2.0 Petrol R sport caesium Blue 22” Black wheels Black pack, puddle lights, 380 ict pro pack, ambient lighting, seats oyster & lime stitching,privacy glass.panoramic roof,glasses holder,10 way electric seats, xenon lights, sliding cup holder cover


corriescar66
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:18 pm

jagman2017 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:05 pm
Ridiculous post I also have Gtec applied to my F pace a year ago the car looks like it did when it came out the detailers
Just wash and dry car looks fantastic
8C6CDC29-2818-41E9-8FAC-30D8FD332B38.jpeg
Car washed and dried yesterday
Yes, and a great colour to protect! :D

(Although, is making me a bit queasy watching it plummeting to the ground.... That's quite a steep drive you have - almost vertical! :lol:


Nubbin
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:39 pm

Re: IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Post by Nubbin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:39 am

MRB wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am
"I have never seen such a poor finish on a new vehicle....... ever!" Really???

He would say that wouldn't he your the poor sucker paying £800 to have your car polished!

Sorry mate but if you really believe that a liquid from a bottle is going to seriously protect your paintwork you are mistaken. A good machine buffing and a coat of Swiss wax or similar would have been just as good if not better and the price certainly no more that £150 and possibly another £50 for the removal of the road wheels.

The phrase snake oil comes to mind, you have been had big time.
My "other car" is a 2003 Mercedes SL55 AMG, which has a factory-applied ceramic coated paint (the paint code has a "C" designation at the end to indicate this) and after 15 years the paint still looks almost new once it is cleaned and polished up. The usual scratches, chips and fading after 90,000 miles are definitely not what I would expect at this age and mileage, and I have no doubt that the ceramic coat has helped with this.
2018 380bhp V6 S. Carpathian grey, 20" gloss black wheels, black pack, LCD dash, LED signature headlights, privacy glass, panoramic roof, black/oyster leather, oyster headlining, InTouch Pro, 18-way memory seats, many shiny bits!


MRB
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: IGL Kenzo Ceramic Coating

Post by MRB » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:17 pm

Ceramic coating was not available 15 years ago! :lol:


Post Reply

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”