20" blade grey diamond wheel colour

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Paulmb

20" blade grey diamond wheel colour

Post by Paulmb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:06 am

Morning

In the first 24 hours of ownership i already have a small chip on the grey part of a wheel :o

Is there a touch up pen available in the correct grey colour to seal it up?

Many thanks.
3D Sport, Corris/Ammonite, Panoramic, Touch Pro,Detachable tow bar, but no heated steering wheel!

catwoman

Re: 20" blade grey diamond wheel colour

Post by catwoman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:23 am

In nearly two years I've not managed to obtain any touch-up for the Corris colour or the grey colour of the diamond cut wheels, so if you find some please let me know where from. In the meantime I'd recommend you apply a good coating of wax polish on the affected area which will help to seal it from water ingress, which would get under and lift the surrounding clear-coat lacquer if left untreated. I keep my wheels well coated and so far, after two years, they are still looking really good (despite picking up a couple of inevitable tiny stone chip blemishes)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:04 pm

catwoman wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:23 am
In nearly two years I've not managed to obtain any touch-up for the Corris colour or the grey colour of the diamond cut wheels, so if you find some please let me know where from. In the meantime I'd recommend you apply a good coating of wax polish on the affected area which will help to seal it from water ingress, which would get under and lift the surrounding clear-coat lacquer if left untreated. I keep my wheels well coated and so far, after two years, they are still looking really good (despite picking up a couple of inevitable tiny stone chip blemishes)
I managed to get a touch-up kit for Corris from the LR dealership across the road from the Jag one (who had nothing). Comes as a 2-part kit with a paint pen and a clear coat !

I also noticed a very small mark on my 20" Venoms when washing the car last weekend.....

M
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks Mike . . . that's brilliant, but makes you wonder why the Jag dealers don't have these kits too??? :roll:
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

Paulmb

Post by Paulmb » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Thank you 8-)
3D Sport, Corris/Ammonite, Panoramic, Touch Pro,Detachable tow bar, but no heated steering wheel!

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”