Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Sucker Marks on the two front windows caused by build robot

11K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jagfpacejk 
#1 ·
When the completed doors are reinstalled on the main body, the door is supported by a robot with a 6 sucker head on the windows.
This has left marks on the inside of my two front door windows.
These only appear when the car starts to steam up on cold or wet days before the ventilation clears the windows. They will appear if you breathe on the window to check where they are.
I have tried every window cleaner, vinegar, soap, white spirit etc and things I should not have taken into the car.
I have just returned from a VIP visit to the Solihull factory which my family gifted to me. It was fantastic and would highly recommend this visit. This is where I saw the robot responsible for the marks.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Mine shows the same marks too when it gets steamy inside. Another mystery solved, thanks Craigann B.
Yet another no cost option!

#6 ·
These marks,also on mine diappeared when I had the front windows tinted so I guess whatever was used to clean the glass proir to the film being applied did the trick. Basic solvent or thinners would also remove these rings.

#7 ·
Have you feet prints on the inside Window screen , lol

#8 ·
Panel wipes ( alcohol ) should remove the marks.
Available from any vehicle parts/ accessory shop, the shop in the picture sell a packet of 5 wipes for £1.50

Attachments

#9 ·
I have tried the old favourites vinegar & water, vinegar & washing liquid, white spirit, alcohol, acetone, thinners, sticky stuff remover.
Commercial products Windowlene, Diamondbrite Glass Cleaner, Meguiar's PerfectClarity Glass Cleaner, AutoGlym Car Glass Polish, CarBrite Glass Product, Optical Glass Cleaner, window wipes, etc..

Looks like Jaguar will have to change out the glass under warranty.

#10 ·
This rather sounds like silicone contamination, maybe the wrong kind of sucker or not cleaned properly, on some property window glazing I had done the fitters made a mess and got silicone sealant on the glass. There was no way of removing it and the sealed units had to be changed, a bit drastic but the only solution.

#12 ·
Likewise - I've tried pretty much every cleaner possible on these marks and they are still on the driver and passenger window when it steams up.
Nothing works as far as i can tell.

#14 ·
Final Update to this.

Finally after a year of owing this Jag the window sucker marks from the build robot have finally been removed. Parks of AYR didn't seem to be concerned until I emailed Jaguar and got them involved. These only appeared when it was cold and wet trying to peer through these marks at junctions was impossible having to open window to see traffic.
It took a professional company "diamondglasssolutions.co.uk". to get these marks totally removed with an oxide polish compound.

#15 ·
Craigann B said:
Final Update to this.

Finally after a year of owing this Jag the window sucker marks from the build robot have finally been removed. Parks of AYR didn't seem to be concerned until I emailed Jaguar and got them involved. These only appeared when it was cold and wet trying to peer through these marks at junctions was impossible having to open window to see traffic.
It took a professional company "diamondglasssolutions.co.uk". to get these marks totally removed with an oxide polish compound.
Perhaps you should e-mail them offering their expertise to remove the marks from the production line as I am sure all Fpaces will have this issue.

Good work and well done for sticking to find a solution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.