Gardx

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Seanyt

Gardx

Post by Seanyt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Very exciting. I have an estimated delivery date of the 23rd October :D
The dealer has sent me a link to a company called Gardx which seem to coat the vehicle to protect it. Has anyone else had experience with this and would recommend. I have seen a few recommendations to get the car ceramic coated, is this the same?

He has also recommended the other protection policies that can be purchased. Please can I have your opinions.
2.0d AWD R Sport. Caesium Blue, ICTP 825w, 360 parking and reversing camera, black pack, privacy glass, configurable dynamics, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, space saver, mood lighting and activity key + LED and BSM :D Delivered November

Onionrage

Re: Gardx

Post by Onionrage » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Personally I'm a big fan of the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black which is a ceramic treatment. Very pleased with the result from that. Can't say I know anything on Gardx.
RSport 2.0 Manual AWD, Polaris White, Red Taurus, Black Pack & Black Gloss Alloys, Jet Headlining, 4-way electric lumbar, Rear Camera, Heated Windscreen/Washer jets, Space saver, Rear seat remote release, splash guards and Satin Grey Ebony Veneers

Seanyt

Post by Seanyt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Are they based in the U.K. Onion?
2.0d AWD R Sport. Caesium Blue, ICTP 825w, 360 parking and reversing camera, black pack, privacy glass, configurable dynamics, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, space saver, mood lighting and activity key + LED and BSM :D Delivered November

craig999

Post by craig999 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Gtechniq Crystal Serum Black great stuff expensive but worth it just go on the Gtechniq website and they will show detailers in your area that use there products

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm

I have just had my new FPace treated with GardX and I have it on my sports car which is 3 years old. I have been impressed with the paint finish on that car. It still beads up and is easy to clean. I also had it on my previous XF and it made cleaning easy without the need to polish. It is suppose to be a lifetime treatment but I must admit from what I understand it is down to the quality of application which makes it work or not. Once on it will be registered with GardX for the lifetime warranty and they are based in the South of England.

Most serious detailers will probably say its better to have it done outside normal retailers as the preparation and application are important in making it effective however I have no complaints by what my garage has done. You should be given a kit of their products in a bag when you pick the car up, this also contains a top up fluid (can't remember the exact name for it) which can be used very easily every now and then to keep it going.

Good Luck
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, In Control Pro, Privacy glass, lots more

Seanyt

Post by Seanyt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:17 pm

These are the options they are offering, it appears the gardx has a lifetime warranty.

IMG_2097.PNG

IMG_2096.PNG

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:31 pm

The prices shown from this dealer are far too high. We have just taken out tyre and alloy insurance on a RR Velar with identical claim specification with the dealer for£249 .Try some negotiating. As always there are mixed views on aftermarket paint treatments and to their effectiveness but your dealer is too expensive.. It is well known that salesmen get a fat commission on these products and as others on the forum have found Gap insurance is very much cheaper outside the dealer nerwork.
2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD Portfolio(rejection replacement). Odyssey Red. Latte .Blind Spot Monitor .20"Templars .Red brake calipers. All privacy glass. Side Steps. Space saver. USA plates.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:50 pm

Very pricey options. I did my return to invoice and alloy prot3ction much cheaper via ALA.
If you get a good deal on it then probably worth having.
I went the Gtecniq route this time
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi Seanyt My dealer (Jaguar Amersham) also offered GardX. I was a bit frustrated with the marketing blurb which did not say anything about what the product was (apart from how good it was) and the online video they pointed me towards was also free of any useful content.
I did find from the safety hazard sheets something of its composition and also spoke to someone in GardX's UK HQ to ask a bit more. The sales guy there I spoke to was incredible unhelpful/un-knowledgeable .. "Its just better" was as much as he could say about the product so that didn't inspire confidence. In essence I found out it is a polymer based sealant so somewhat equivalent to a top of the range consumer product. Probably better than Supaguard (which is also polymer based but an older generation product) but not as good as a ceramic product (eg Kenolon or Gtechniq). If you can get it for free why not go for it, but I'm not sure its worth £400 especially as the product will be applied by the dealer's own (probably outsourced) staff who won't clay bar it or machine polish before applying.. and the secret with these coatings is getting the prep right. If you're willing to pay £400 for Gard-X then the extra cost of a ceramic coating done by a proper detailer may be worth considering. Only 6 months in with my Kenolon ceramic coating but I've been very happy with my decision so far.
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:27 pm

One other point Seanyt. Have you asked what the "lifetime guarantee" is and what you can claim for and how you go about using this guarantee.? When I asked it was incredibly vague and woolly
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”