Cleaning leather

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
simonp820

Cleaning leather

Post by simonp820 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:20 pm

The leather seats in the back are starting to look a bit shabby - can anyone recommend and leather cleaner that's easy to use? I've tried the wipes that we use on the sofa but it appeared to stain the seats and didn't fade for some weeks.

Onionrage

Re: Cleaning leather

Post by Onionrage » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:27 pm

These are great - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Leather-adv ... B007KB00I4.

Follow those with some Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard. Job sorted!!!
RSport 2.0 Manual AWD, Polaris White, Red Taurus, Black Pack & Black Gloss Alloys, Jet Headlining, 4-way electric lumbar, Rear Camera, Heated Windscreen/Washer jets, Space saver, Rear seat remote release, splash guards and Satin Grey Ebony Veneers

Doug

Post by Doug » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:34 pm

+1 for Dr Leather wipes

My routine:
- weekly wipe down with a damp MF cloth
- monthly clean with Dr Leather wipes
- every 6 months treat with Gtechinq L1
- every two years or on high traffic areas, a full deep clean with valet pro leather soap working liquid in with a leather brush

This will keep the factory look on your leather seats.

As for the Meguiuars leather cream. It will leave a greasy shine on the surface which attracts dust and dirt.
Modern leather is painted so no need to treat with softening conditioner, just treat with a good Quality protector like Gtechinq L1 which is simple spray on and wipe off treatment.

If you prefer a gloss finish I would recommend Gliptone leather products
F pace R sport 2d auto. Ammonite grey. Black pack. 20" black venoms. Fixed panoramic roof. Privacy glass. Mood lighting. 380w sound. 19" space saver spare. Rear view camera. Cup holder gloss cover + dog guard

simonp820

Post by simonp820 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks both. Great advice.

dasa75

Post by dasa75 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:04 pm

Good evening All. About 2 months back i opted for the routine suggested by Doug which was the dr.leather wipes followed by the Gtechniq L1 protector. Car is washed and cleaned every 15 days or so inside gets its wipe downs. Not sure if to now remain with this routine or if to listen to my car wash center and have the leather seats conditioned and hence treated since near the 6 month mark now. Any experiences on this please?

Doug

Post by Doug » Tue May 29, 2018 9:02 pm

dasa75 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:04 pm
Good evening All. About 2 months back i opted for the routine suggested by Doug which was the dr.leather wipes followed by the Gtechniq L1 protector. Car is washed and cleaned every 15 days or so inside gets its wipe downs. Not sure if to now remain with this routine or if to listen to my car wash center and have the leather seats conditioned and hence treated since near the 6 month mark now. Any experiences on this please?
Hope you’re enjoyed using the leather wipes.

As for the advice from your local wash center, modern leather doesn’t need conditioning it’s paint coated so any oil/cream is only seating on the leather surface leaving a sticky residue which collects dirt and dust.

Just clean with the Dr leather wipes or a damp MF cloth and use the L1 every few months.
F pace R sport 2d auto. Ammonite grey. Black pack. 20" black venoms. Fixed panoramic roof. Privacy glass. Mood lighting. 380w sound. 19" space saver spare. Rear view camera. Cup holder gloss cover + dog guard

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”