Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

First Scratch and Photos

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
Well I had my car ceramic coated about 6 months ago and it's happened and I've had a pretty big scratch. I think it was my kids as well as can see a finger trail go up and down at the back after the scratches.
Anyway was due to clean and after a clean and wipe it actually looked a little better and the ceramic coating seemed to help.
It was still very very visible though so I had some Meguirs X20 that the detailler recommended I get for any light scratches,

Applied by hand and cloth only and didn't go for 100% perfection as didn't want to risk doing too much but it came out pretty well after a few mins. Polished up after these photos and way better.

Thought I'd post as may help others in future. Can just see it going through centre of mini wheel and along sill. Also another across to door as well. See how much dust and dirt comes down in London rain ! Was only washed a week ago,

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Now that's a shiny car! Almost like a mirror!

Flub!

#3 ·
JAGFlubster said:
Now that's a shiny car! Almost like a mirror!

Flub!
Yes did come out a bit more mirror than I thought but sun was behind me at an angle. It's ultimate black from other angles but still pretty glossy.

#4 ·
You sure it's not got that invisibility option like the Aston in for another day

Flub!

#6 ·
Pretty decent repair job MB. Impressed that you can recognize your own children's finger prints/smears with the naked eye! Maybe a DNA test to be sure? Or you could just ask them..... :lol:

#7 ·
Blaming the kids, I reckon it was there mum covering her tracks knowing all kids have permanent sticky fingers :D

My kids have been trained since birth not to every touch Dads car, they won't even put there hand on the handle unless they get the go ahead from me.
I had to smile the other day when one of my kids friends was in the back and I overheard him being told not to touch anything and keep your feet on the mats.

Does this make me a bad Parent.

#8 ·
Doug said:
Blaming the kids, I reckon it was there mum covering her tracks knowing all kids have permanent sticky fingers :D

My kids have been trained since birth not to every touch Dads car, they won't even put there hand on the handle unless they get the go ahead from me.
I had to smile the other day when one of my kids friends was in the back and I overheard him being told not to touch anything and keep your feet on the mats.

Does this make me a bad Parent.
Bad parent? No. Suffering from OCD? Quite possibly. Join the club! :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.