First teensy weensy scratch

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Stimulated!

Re: First teensy weensy scratch

Post by Stimulated! » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:59 am

OK here is a picture of the scratch and the position on the car.

Most grateful for any recommendations about the most efficient way to deal with it.

P4290744.JPG

P4290747.JPG

20D Ammonite with loads of options, some of which I understand how to use.

Doug

Post by Doug » Fri May 05, 2017 9:48 am

Going by the pictures, that won't Polish out as it's down to the base coat.
On the plus side the damage is on one of the smaller panels, so a complete respray on the rear quarter would be possible without to much work or disturbance to the rest of the car.

Be wary of any body shop that tells you they can just blow over the damged area. It will never match and the cost of spraying the complete panel would only be few dollars more.

Ive got a mate who will do it for £50 cash + shipping :D
F pace R sport 2d auto. Ammonite grey. Black pack. 20" black venoms. Fixed panoramic roof. Privacy glass. Mood lighting. 380w sound. 19" space saver spare. Rear view camera. Cup holder gloss cover + dog guard

f-pace-pete

Post by f-pace-pete » Fri May 05, 2017 10:15 am

I have previously used scratch repair kits from this company https://picclick.co.uk/seller/paints4uc ... +paints+4u
on my Xtype with very good results. Not sure if they ship to AUS but try the internet or ebay for something similar. Also lots of scratch repair info on youtube.
MY2018 Portfolio/2L P 25t/ Corris/Oyster/ICTP/AD/CML/ACC/ConvPack/LED HL/ElecTow/OpeningRoof/MFlaps/ScufPl.

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”