Advice on removing water spots

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Big Pimp

Re: Advice on removing water spots

Post by Big Pimp » Fri May 26, 2017 7:50 am

jstitch wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am
Advice from a detailer:

Mr Muscle furniture polish sprayed on a damp microfibre cloth, wipe over paintwork.
Any detailer who gives you that advice isn't a detailer, he's someone pretending to be a detailer and knows how to give a quick 'wow' result with none of the work involved
Ordered:
F Pace S in Ultimate Black running 22" Turbine chrome finish, privacy glass, gloss black window surrounds & LED headlights
Jet 14-way seats with jet headlining and ICTP & TV, mood lighting, electric towbar & more!

Mark999

Post by Mark999 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Living in a hard water area the water spots were a nightmare. I bought a large DI cartridge and always rinse with it attached to my hose.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VYAIR-0817-1 ... SwCHtZlI1Q
I also reccomend using DI water for the screen wash mix - no more smeary wipers.
Mark

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:03 pm

Mark999 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:24 pm
Living in a hard water area the water spots were a nightmare. I bought a large DI cartridge and always rinse with it attached to my hose.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VYAIR-0817-1 ... SwCHtZlI1Q
I also reccomend using DI water for the screen wash mix - no more smeary wipers.
Mark
That’s interesting as it sounds like it’s just like the Aquagleam stuff I bought but they run out after 10 or 20 washes. They are filled with crystals that change could as they filter the water.
Do these cans permanently clean up hard water ? Do they need refills, ?
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Mark999

Post by Mark999 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:33 pm

The resin will eventually need replacing. There is no indicator but you can buy a cheap water hardness meter for a few quid. I’ve used it many rimes and the TDS (total dissolved solids) are at 2ppm. IIRC above 30ppm is when you start to see water spots.
Mark

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”