Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Cleaning the dashboard

8K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  JLRnumber5 
#1 ·
Hi - what does everyone use to clean the dashboard please? Not the piano black bit - just the general dash and dials etc?

In other cars I used to have a squirty bottle of spray stuff and a cloth - I'm guessing I need to do something different with the Jag?

#2 ·
Just dust the dash off with a microfibre cloth. It's faux leather so needs no treatment. Occasionally you can use a damp cloth. That's it, nothing more.

Dials - just a microfibre cloth.

Arianne

#4 ·
Stimulated! said:
Got it thanks.
As per Arianne my Evoque only had the most rudimentary of interior cleaning. People complain about the interior materials on certain JLR products but they are really easy to keep clean. Every couple of months just dampen the microfibre cloth you've been using for your regular quick dust and wipe if over all the surfaces. Then wet it and use it to remove all the shoe scuff marks on the lower panels. It all comes off really easily. My interior looked like new after 4.5 years and that's all I did to it.

#6 ·
Gtechniq C6 Matt Dash - Used this for the first time on the new car recently and really impressed.

#9 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Waynem said:
Use a leaf blower...with adjacent door open for maximum effect :shock:
Hahaha. When I saw you'd posted I thought it would be a rib tickler. You didn't disappoint ;-)
I know what you mean JLR5, some folk are just so easy to anticipate. Like to keep more low key myself, leads to less agro no? :D

#11 ·
YORKIE said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Waynem said:
Use a leaf blower...with adjacent door open for maximum effect :shock:
Hahaha. When I saw you'd posted I thought it would be a rib tickler. You didn't disappoint ;-)
I know what you mean JLR5, some folk are just so easy to anticipate. Like to keep more low key myself, leads to less agro no? :D
Yorkie ole pal ... we all know you are one big pile of controversy looking for somewhere to happen! ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.