Pro Detailers: forum member recommendations

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
tonythehoolet

Just back from detailers with Kenolon ceramic coating

Post by tonythehoolet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi

Following encouragement from fellow forum users i took the plunge and got my new car prepped and detailed. My blue f pace was detailed by Adam, the proprietor of Refined details in Aylesbury.
Just picked up the car this evening.

He's done a fantastic job. I thought my car looked fine before but the depth of colour now and the way that colours in the metallic flakes now shine through really amazed me.

Adam uses a new to the UK ceramic protection coating called Kenolon Ceramic Shield.

He also did a full interior protection. I'll list the interior products used along with a feed to his instagram page on which he posted some before and after photos/ videos later today/tomorrow.

The acid test of course is how the car looks in a few years time but so far my expectations have been exceeded and I think it was great value. Adam's a really helpful, passionate and experienced guy.

More generally I should also add that after a grand total of 6 days of ownership I am very pleased with the car; Ive experienced none of the gremlins others have reported and am really enjoying getting to know it - the stand out so far for me has been the sound quality availabe from ICTP

20170322_171842.jpg

20170322_171851.jpg

20170322_171931.jpg

20170322_171947.jpg

AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

tonythehoolet

Re: Just back from detailers with Kenolon ceramic coating

Post by tonythehoolet » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:56 pm

Some before and after photos of my car in Adam's workshop showing a couple of minor scratches that were eliminated plus some video.
I thought I was a bit of an attention to detail freak but I've realised that people who do car detailing are on another level completely :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/refineddetails/

http://refineddetails.co.uk/
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 pm

tonythehoolet wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:56 pm
Some before and after photos of my car in Adam's workshop showing a couple of minor scratches that were eliminated plus some video.
I thought I was a bit of an attention to detail freak but I've realised that people who do car detailing are on another level completely :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/refineddetails/

http://refineddetails.co.uk/
Wow, that last pick makes it look like a 70's custom paint job! DSB really does look the Bee's Knees in bright sunlight! Enjoy watch bird poo disappear in the rain! :D
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:25 pm
Wow, that last pick makes it look like a 70's custom paint job! DSB really does look the Bee's Knees in bright sunlight! Enjoy watch bird poo disappear in the rain! :D

Agree wholeheartedly, your car looks truly tremendous Tony :) . . . the bee's knees and the cat's whiskers!

. . my thought, when looking at the last close-up pic of the paintwork, it's like staring into a deep blue starry summer night sky . . those flakes and flecks are like constellations! Stellar! Bravo! 8-)
8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:30 pm

Thank you Catwoman and Corriescar66. Lets see how long I'm able to keep it looking this nice! :D

Mbadger77

GVE Detail - West London

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:31 pm

Ok so another post for this company but this is for my car. Have to say they are a top notch outfit and for a new or nearly new car ideally placed to make your car look fantastic. Wont be the cheapest place you find but they do a very professional job and have great facilities (and cars you can dream about)
I was local enough so they picked my car up (in a trailer of course - didn't drive it back) and had it all week and finished it late Friday night. Had a full detail and paint correction done as there were lots of swirls marks and things you sort of didn't notice much but once it's all been done I could see how much better the car is. The colour just looked deeper and blacker than I remember it. I was stunned when seeing it. Much better than when I picked it up new.

They are sending me over loads of pictures so I'll put some before and after on some panels so you can see the difference.

IMG_0848.JPG

3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Birthwaite

Re: GVE Detail - West London

Post by Birthwaite » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:35 pm

That looks amazing. How many other cars - let alone an SUV could you gaze at and say that. You have brought your FPace into a new dimension with that detailing - wow. You don't need to buy a mirror to shave in now :)
Very happy F-Pace user ..... 3l S diesel. Ammonite - 22" wheels - mood lighting - 14 way memory seats - pano roof - LED headlights - electric tow bar - ICTP - boot release - etc.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Guy there Cian does a good job and keeps you informed etc. The back boxes, tips are all sparkling and coated. Wheels also have the full Gtech armour protection help keep them clean in future. Interior same so very pleased. Hope I can keep it looking great.
Was raining on motorway on way back - didn't need wipers which was odd.

Just a few other motors there for sale - F pace wasn't overawed :)

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Really does look the cats pyjamas MB. I wish I was diligent enough to own a black car. When shiny there's no beating them.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Very nice and some nice toys in there facilities.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”