Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Pro Detailers: forum member recommendations

59K views 48 replies 25 participants last post by  philb24 
#1 ·
I've been looking for a detailer locally but to be honest haven't found much.
Anyone seen any useful websites or know of anyone in the Richmond / Twickenham area.
Will probably get my car done again as I stupidly swirl marked one whole side and it's bugging me.
Want ceramic done again.
Found one not far called waxy clean but they seem to have closed down and the other in reading which is bit far for a 2 day job,

#5 ·
The whole point of two buckets is to try to reduce the amount of dirt you drag across the car. Try changing the dirty cloth cleaning water during the wash and also make sure you only wash the car with sideways motions rather than swirls. Regular dipping of mitt without too much pressure should avoid damage.

Mbadger77 - Can I ask what ceramic coating you had on your car before that you managed to damage? I would have thought it pretty hard to create marks through the coating?

#6 ·
+1 for UF.. they gave me a god awful SMART car as a courtesy as they needed to keep my FP over night.

#7 ·
Badger. I live near you.
Check out GVE London. 30 min drive from us.
Just had mine detailed by them last week.
Check out my post earlier.

#8 ·
Cheers V6 look a quality outfit.
That will do for me - I'll give him a call and organise it for the next month or so as have a few things to get sorted on car later in March.

#9 ·

Attachments

#10 ·
Wow mirror ball shiny. Of course all the lighting helps but that's a gleamy car :)
Soon get dirty but enjoy it.

#11 ·
Hi

Following encouragement from fellow forum users i took the plunge and got my new car prepped and detailed. My blue f pace was detailed by Adam, the proprietor of Refined details in Aylesbury.
Just picked up the car this evening.

He's done a fantastic job. I thought my car looked fine before but the depth of colour now and the way that colours in the metallic flakes now shine through really amazed me.

Adam uses a new to the UK ceramic protection coating called Kenolon Ceramic Shield.

He also did a full interior protection. I'll list the interior products used along with a feed to his instagram page on which he posted some before and after photos/ videos later today/tomorrow.

The acid test of course is how the car looks in a few years time but so far my expectations have been exceeded and I think it was great value. Adam's a really helpful, passionate and experienced guy.

More generally I should also add that after a grand total of 6 days of ownership I am very pleased with the car; Ive experienced none of the gremlins others have reported and am really enjoying getting to know it - the stand out so far for me has been the sound quality availabe from ICTP

Attachments

#12 ·
Some before and after photos of my car in Adam's workshop showing a couple of minor scratches that were eliminated plus some video.
I thought I was a bit of an attention to detail freak but I've realised that people who do car detailing are on another level completely :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/refineddetails/

http://refineddetails.co.uk/

#14 ·
Agree wholeheartedly, your car looks truly tremendous Tony :) . . . the bee's knees and the cat's whiskers!

. . my thought, when looking at the last close-up pic of the paintwork, it's like staring into a deep blue starry summer night sky . . those flakes and flecks are like constellations! Stellar! Bravo! :cool:

#16 ·
Ok so another post for this company but this is for my car. Have to say they are a top notch outfit and for a new or nearly new car ideally placed to make your car look fantastic. Wont be the cheapest place you find but they do a very professional job and have great facilities (and cars you can dream about)
I was local enough so they picked my car up (in a trailer of course - didn't drive it back) and had it all week and finished it late Friday night. Had a full detail and paint correction done as there were lots of swirls marks and things you sort of didn't notice much but once it's all been done I could see how much better the car is. The colour just looked deeper and blacker than I remember it. I was stunned when seeing it. Much better than when I picked it up new.

They are sending me over loads of pictures so I'll put some before and after on some panels so you can see the difference.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

#17 ·
That looks amazing. How many other cars - let alone an SUV could you gaze at and say that. You have brought your FPace into a new dimension with that detailing - wow. You don't need to buy a mirror to shave in now :)

#18 ·
Guy there Cian does a good job and keeps you informed etc. The back boxes, tips are all sparkling and coated. Wheels also have the full Gtech armour protection help keep them clean in future. Interior same so very pleased. Hope I can keep it looking great.
Was raining on motorway on way back - didn't need wipers which was odd.

Just a few other motors there for sale - F pace wasn't overawed :)

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate

Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Tire

Attachments

#21 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
Really does look the cats pyjamas MB. I wish I was diligent enough to own a black car. When shiny there's no beating them.
The cats PJs - I've never heard that phrase but love it. Right now having the car that glossy, with those lovely clean wheels and the lowered suspension it looks amazing. The ride has improved with the springs which I can maybe demo if we do a southern meet. The remap I'm still to fully explore as barely driven the car but I know the 0-60 is very rapid and below claimed times !!

One very good looking car at the moment and love its looks now.

#23 ·
If anyone around the Northants area is looking for a professional detailer then I can recommend Deep Impact based in Daventry. Aaron is very passionate and OCD about his work and did a fab job on mine. I had the Gtechiq total protection package which will hopefully protect the car for a good while.

They are on Facebook and Instagram if you want to look them up.

https://www.facebook.com/DeepImpactDetailing/

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.