Revive/ALA alloy wheel repairs

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
JLRnumber5

Re: Revive/ALA alloy wheel repairs

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 am

Mbadger77 wrote:Very good. You may remember my plight with same insurance and company.
Turned up to site twice - didn't like the gloss inserts so arranged second visit but didn't want to take wheel off and I had no jack to do it.

ALA gave me a full refund which was good but I'd rather have had the repair especially now I've done two of them.
Wheels now off car so will get sorted,
Hi MB. Yes I mentioned your experience to the guy that came to me by phone before he arrived. He thought your situation most odd as they always repair the wheel in place and therefore have to mask off the tyre, centre caps, wheel nuts etc. So to him the black inserts were just another thing to mask off.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:38 am

Must admit when mine was delivered with a damaged alloy wheel the wheel was sent off to be done as they take the wheel apart, so I guess that must be the difference between being able to do it on site or not, I would assume the damage location would play a part.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:26 am

My son kerbed a 21" alloy on his 2 week old Q5 by avoiding an idiot needing most of road to get around a bend! He was covered by Revive and have to say the 'fix' was really easy.... Call them, take some photo's and then arrange a suitable day. Or in this case as the alloys were diamond cut then a couple of days as had to go off to machine shop.

When returned the wheel was just like new!

A well run, professional service :)
REPLACED FP11 JAG - 3.0 D First Edition (Ultimate Black), with Audi S5 Coupe & Volvo XC40 (First Edition)

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:25 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Mbadger77 wrote:Very good. You may remember my plight with same insurance and company.
Turned up to site twice - didn't like the gloss inserts so arranged second visit but didn't want to take wheel off and I had no jack to do it.

ALA gave me a full refund which was good but I'd rather have had the repair especially now I've done two of them.
Wheels now off car so will get sorted,
Hi MB. Yes I mentioned your experience to the guy that came to me by phone before he arrived. He thought your situation most odd as they always repair the wheel in place and therefore have to mask off the tyre, centre caps, wheel nuts etc. So to him the black inserts were just another thing to mask off.
Let's cut to the chase my guy was lazy or didn't have the skill set. He was happy to mask the brakes up but maybe that was hitting the buffers of his experience.
Bit cheesed off as could of got it done. Now bought some FE wheels sort of justifying it I can take the old wheels off get them repaired lol.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:31 pm

I think we need a pic of the new wheels in place MB!

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:18 pm

No problem.
Only got a dirty car and no decent shots yet but you get the idea.

IMG_0528.JPG

3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:37 pm

That's a lovely wheel. Teensy bit jealous :-)

Mackem

Post by Mackem » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Is there any non dealer insurance companies who will cover diamond cut wheels?
On Order, F-PACE R-SPORT 2.0D Auto, AWD in Ammonite Grey,Privacy Glass, Jet & Light Oyster Taurus Leather, ICTP, Heated front windscreen & washer jets, 19" Space saver, Interior mood lighting, Rear Camera, power mirrors & cup holder cover

Jacksoag

Post by Jacksoag » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Mackem wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:04 pm
Is there any non dealer insurance companies who will cover diamond cut wheels?
Maybe Total Loss Gap?

"With a Total Loss Alloy Wheel Policy you can...

1. Make up to 4 claims per 12 month period.

2. It will Inc damage to painted, diamond or laser cut alloys."

Mackem

Post by Mackem » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:59 pm

Thanks Jacksoag they wont cover for business use, I should have explained that in my post I use my car for business
On Order, F-PACE R-SPORT 2.0D Auto, AWD in Ammonite Grey,Privacy Glass, Jet & Light Oyster Taurus Leather, ICTP, Heated front windscreen & washer jets, 19" Space saver, Interior mood lighting, Rear Camera, power mirrors & cup holder cover

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”