Revive/ALA alloy wheel repairs

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
JLRnumber5

Revive/ALA alloy wheel repairs

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:52 pm

As some of you know my car goes back tomorrow, so I called out Revive (covered by ALA insurance) to repair the scrapes to the front wheels today.

For anyone worried about how well the SMART repair job is on black alloys ... don't. They did a superb job. Didn't have to remove the black plastic inserts, they just masked around them. The guy really took his time. Looks like new.

Before and After (drivers side)

alloys 1.jpg

Before and After (passenger side)

alloys 2.jpg

7 more free repairs to go .. I wonder how long it will take me to get through them!
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

autoansguy

Re: Revive/ALA alloy wheel repairs

Post by autoansguy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Repair done with tyre on or off?

YORKIE

Post by YORKIE » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:32 pm

They won't insure you if you've owned the vehicle (car) for more than 30 days.........................................................RIDICULE :evil: :evil: :evil: However, if you've owned it for less than 30 days they will insure you.............................................................so long as its done less than 70000 miles................................................................RIDICULE :evil: :evil: :evil:
2.0 D AWD PORTFOLIO-AUTO-BRG/OYSTER. 10 way front memory seats, electric steering column, privacy glass, car cover, skinny spare, deployable steps, 5 fan wheels, 5 year service plan, cup holders cover.

"honi soit qui mal y pense" :geek:

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:38 pm

not sure if your picture but the repair does not look gloss black more matt black?
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Good to know.
I recently took out insurance with them.
This includes Gap, alloy, scratch and insurance excess.
Collected: 8-)
Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:not sure if your picture but the repair does not look gloss black more matt black?
Just as well since I have matt black wheels! :lol:

He resprayed about 1/3 of each wheel but you cannot see a join. The match is 100%
Last edited by JLRnumber5 on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:59 pm

MyV6Jag wrote:Good to know.
I recently took out insurance with them.
This includes Gap, alloy, scratch and insurance excess.
The whole process was really easy, from the first phone call, sent pictures, got a call back directly from the repairer (Phil) who asked a few simple questions and then checked the car/wheels with me so he could ensure he had the right paint/lacquer. Turned up exactly on time, and was very pleasant and a great job. Happy to 100% recommend Revive/ALA.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:06 pm

YORKIE wrote:They won't insure you if you've owned the vehicle (car) for more than 30 days.........................................................RIDICULE :evil: :evil: :evil: However, if you've owned it for less than 30 days they will insure you.............................................................so long as its done less than 70000 miles................................................................RIDICULE :evil: :evil: :evil:
Calm down dear!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:09 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Jagfpacejk wrote:not sure if your picture but the repair does not look gloss black more matt black?
Just as well since I have matt black wheels! :lol:

He resprayed about 1/3 of each wheel but you cannot see a join. The match is 100%
If you look at your bottom two images the one on the left has a black shinny look and the one on the right a dull matt look?

As said it may just be your angle ect of photos.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

YORKIE

Post by YORKIE » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:10 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
YORKIE wrote:They won't insure you if you've owned the vehicle (car) for more than 30 days.........................................................RIDICULE :evil: :evil: :evil: However, if you've owned it for less than 30 days they will insure you.............................................................so long as its done less than 70000 miles................................................................RIDICULE :evil: :evil: :evil:
Calm down dear!
It's only a commercial, I know. :lol:

You just make sure that insurance transfers over to the replacement because you look like a serial 'kerber' to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by YORKIE on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2.0 D AWD PORTFOLIO-AUTO-BRG/OYSTER. 10 way front memory seats, electric steering column, privacy glass, car cover, skinny spare, deployable steps, 5 fan wheels, 5 year service plan, cup holders cover.

"honi soit qui mal y pense" :geek:

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”