Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Revive/ALA alloy wheel repairs

16K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  mik 
#1 ·
As some of you know my car goes back tomorrow, so I called out Revive (covered by ALA insurance) to repair the scrapes to the front wheels today.

For anyone worried about how well the SMART repair job is on black alloys ... don't. They did a superb job. Didn't have to remove the black plastic inserts, they just masked around them. The guy really took his time. Looks like new.

Before and After (drivers side)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Before and After (passenger side)

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting

7 more free repairs to go .. I wonder how long it will take me to get through them!

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
Is there any non dealer insurance companies who will cover diamond cut wheels?

#30 ·
Thanks Jacksoag they wont cover for business use, I should have explained that in my post I use my car for business

#31 ·
Hey all. After 10 months of whizzing through the streets of London, a pesky kirb finally got the better of me whilst I was reversing in the dark in unfamiliar territory.
Here's hoping that ALA Alloy Insurance (Revive) do a good job!! :( :cry: :roll:

Attachments

#32 ·
Ouch! Revive did an excellent job on mine when I did exactly the same. Make sure you tell them upfront that you have the plastic inserts as they will want you to remove them which if you can't do you need to persuade them to mask them off (which they did for me when I asked nicely)

#33 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
JLRnumber5 said:
Jagfpacejk said:
not sure if your picture but the repair does not look gloss black more matt black?
Just as well since I have matt black wheels! :lol:

He resprayed about 1/3 of each wheel but you cannot see a join. The match is 100%
If you look at your bottom two images the one on the left has a black shinny look and the one on the right a dull matt look?

As said it may just be your angle ect of photos.
Tbe 22" black Helix are matt black with glass black (pkastic) inserts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.