What does your car wash kit consist of?

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Hydrajaws

Re: What does your car wash kit consist of?

Post by Hydrajaws » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Soft flexibrush,2 buckets. Meguires or Simoniz shampoo and wax car shampoo and 2 mitts. Drying flexiblade, several micro fibre drying cloths.
Clean car when ever required to keep it immaculate.
Spray wheels with acid free wheel cleaner. Pressure wash wheel arches then wheels. Wash body then snow foam rinse off and use flexiblade to remove beaded water. Finish with micro fibre drying cloths. Use Autoglym glass cleaner inside and out.
Treat tyres ,plastic wheel arches and plastic kick plates with ArmorAll liquid on sponge.
I will now put my hard hat on and await the bullets from the concourse experts but I will say none of my vehicles have any scratches or swirls and my dealer has generally nothing to do to retail my 2 year old Jags on their forecourt.
I always stock up with ArmorAll ,Meguires and other valeting products when I visit the USA as they are way ahead of us and half the price..
Regretfully 2 F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2019 R R Velar 2.0D 250 HSE Air suspension.Ex JLR managers steed so loaded with goodies except for rusting brake discs for which no warranty.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

DPE

Post by DPE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:21 pm

Daisy Duke and a cold beer !!
Now driving a Mercedes GLE300D AMG Premium Line 4Matic. 8-)

F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Joemax

Post by Joemax » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Ok lads, is this girl cleaning the car properly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnY_Jb9bmCg
S p a c e, P a c e & G r a c e
White 2L auto R Sport, 19" Bionics, standard Jag Nav, all black leather, front and rear sensors and thats pretty much about it chaps just the basics, Im old school you see.

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:50 pm

I have to admit to not even owning a cleaning kit, nor washing my car. It is cleaned by a hand car wash every week at least, I cannot stand a dirty car, and with work and children, no time to do it.
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

DPE

Post by DPE » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:53 pm

yep agree, but still think Daisy Duke and cold beer is best !!

F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Joemax

Post by Joemax » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:58 pm

DPE wrote:yep agree, but still think Daisy Duke and cold beer is best !!

Aaaah, she's a real honey. Totally agree with you, Daisy Duke it is then.
S p a c e, P a c e & G r a c e
White 2L auto R Sport, 19" Bionics, standard Jag Nav, all black leather, front and rear sensors and thats pretty much about it chaps just the basics, Im old school you see.

Tim W

Post by Tim W » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:23 pm

A Valeter
Polaris white 3.0D S, 22 Helix wheels, full pano roof, deplorable side-steps, privacy glass, carbon fibre bits, splash guards and a few other toys - GONE

Littlewig

Post by Littlewig » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:00 am

I think might go a bit overboard but this is my therapy for the day job:

Snow foam cannon with Chemical Guys Snow Honey Dew
Wheels with IronX or Sonax Wheel Cleaner plus EZ clean brush (so much better than any light domestic brush I used previously)
Microfibre noodle wash mitt with two buckets using CG Maxi Suds or Citrus Wash and Gloss
Clay Bar decontamination with detailing spray made from diluted shampoo (twice a year)
Microfibre luxury XL towel dry down (new addition recently - £4 from B & Q)
Sonus SFX polishes with DA polisher every couple of years
CG EZ Glaze and Jet Seal - lasts a year
Collinite 845 liquid wax - lasts about 6 months.

I wash car once a month and quite often have it washed when I can't get in my Chambers car park (it costs £5 to wash and park and £4 in the local authority car park).
2021-SVR-Ultra Blue, 22", sliding roof, LED lights, TV, tow bar, Meridian & glorious V8 sound 8-)
2017-3.0d S-Ammonite, 22", ADSr, ICTP 340w, mood lighting, 360 parking, panno, LED lights, 14-way seats & cup holder covers

DPE

Post by DPE » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:42 pm

No this is normal :D

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:11 am

Never been a fan of using a bucket to wash a car, however bought two buckets with 'sieves' to use with lambswool wash mitt and Nanolex shampoo....

(Pressure wash, snow foam, rinse after 10 mins first...)

However, as soon as I use rinse bucket once it seems to just become full of shampoo.... Only using small amount.

Don't see how rubbing across sieve does anything and mitt seems to hold bits in it regardless...

Am I doing it wrong?!