What does your car wash kit consist of?

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Jagfpacejk

Re: What does your car wash kit consist of?

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:36 pm

rsport_paul wrote:
karl1672 wrote:For weekly, I use a waterless, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless with lots of MF towels. This stuff is awesome.
you lost me after you mentioned Weekly wash!
:lol: :lol:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

big jon

Post by big jon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:15 pm

Two buckets with gritguards, gtechniq foam prewash, two lambswool mits and gwash shampoo.
plenty of water. NO SPONGES.
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

karl1672

Post by karl1672 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:47 pm

rsport_paul wrote:
karl1672 wrote:For weekly, I use a waterless, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless with lots of MF towels. This stuff is awesome.
I know I'm a bit anal, but I do a weekly wipe down with the waterless (under 30 minutes) and monthly wash (1 hour). Got to keep that ammo shining :D About the only exercise I've been getting lately.

Climate has something to do with it too.
2017 F-Pace R-Sport / Ammonite / Black Pack

2013 LR4 (or Disco I guess) (her's)

2013 Evoque (F-Pace tade in)

2007 Corvette

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:51 pm

karl1672 wrote:
rsport_paul wrote:
I may be a bit anal, but I do a weekly wipe down (under 30 minutes) and monthly wash (1 hour). Got to keep that ammo shining :D About the only exercise I've been getting lately.
Thats not anal at all, i feel really bad now and when i clean mine its normal to be 2-3 hours but this is once a month.

With the Maguiars kit the normal day to day grim comes off with a quick wash over 2 to 3 times a week which takes 10 to 15 minutes.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Big Pimp

Post by Big Pimp » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:38 pm

If anyone is interested I could put a kit together (with forum permission)

This is one of the things I do.

I have a bundle running on local forums over here where I offer a Microfibre wash mitt (made in the same factory as the gTechniq mitt) for the body.

A Microfibre wheel glove which is brilliant for getting around the spokes etc. and finished off with a Microfibre waffle weave drying towel which dries far better than unsafe chamois which leave scrapes etc. in paintwork and will not marr the paint.

All comes in a handy mesh bag for keeping them all together and you can then hang up to dry

I'm selling these here in NI for £30

IMG_0396.JPG

Ordered:
F Pace S in Ultimate Black running 22" Turbine chrome finish, privacy glass, gloss black window surrounds & LED headlights
Jet 14-way seats with jet headlining and ICTP & TV, mood lighting, electric towbar & more!

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:With the Maguiars kit the normal day to day grim comes off with a quick wash over 2 to 3 times a week which takes 10 to 15 minutes.
wow . . :lol: . . even I don't do mine that many times a week, and I'm an absolute stickler about keeping mine looking clean !!!! :o

. . well, okay, I admit I do have to give the wheel arches a quick but thorough blast with the hose after almost every journey home, 'cos the track up to 'cat towers' is sooo sticky and cruddy with gooey muddy stuff that otherwise the car starts to accumulate great wads of unsightly muddy cling-ons in the arches and around the mudflaps if I don't get it all rinsed off whilst it's still fairly soft and wet . . the joys of living in the countryside!! :shock: :lol:

. . . but a proper wash at least once a fortnight is something I actually really look forward to doing . . pressure washer blast over, to shift any really stubborn particles and grime first, then just two buckets of clean warm water, two microfibre wash mitts (one each for upper bodywork and lower panels) and finally a dry and gentle polish off with microfibre cloths, maybe an application of poorboys wheel sealant every other time . . . in an attempt to help the gorgeous diamond cut wheels resist succumbing to the dreaded creeping 'white-worm', particularly from exposure to winter road salts at this time of year . . . that's it, job done! . . stand back and admire . . . then take it out and start all over again!! :lol: :P

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:32 pm

So, when I have finished with my day job which is intellectually challenging, I just love taking time outside to just quietly clean the car. I love it, so.......

- snow foam power pre-wash
- two bucket main wash system with lambs wool mitt and noodle mitt + brush
- Poorboys shampoo
- Various Poorboys, Blackfire & Autoglym gentle polishes, waxes and finishing chemical concoctions
- Bilt & Hammer soft clay bar
- Tyre dressing
- soft, massive microfibre drying towel
- a pile of smaller microfibre towels, application pads etc.
- leather cleaner and conditioner
- wheel wax to protect the gorgeous alloys

My garage is a shrine to the concept of a 'Man Cave'.

Is it worth it? Well, I find it therapeutic. But I also get a tremendous return on investment. Come private sale time, I simply show potential buyers the shelving with all of the valeting products, get my son to testify that his Dad is a perfectionist and a little mad and then........ voila, they buy the car for much much more than dealer trade in - on my XC90 we achieved £4.8k more than we were offered by the dealer as part-ex by using eBay motors.

Regards, Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:36 pm

Arianne wrote:So, when I have finished with my day job which is intellectually challenging, I just love taking time outside to just quietly clean the car. I love it, so.......

- snow foam power pre-wash
- two bucket main wash system with lambs wool mitt and noodle mitt + brush
- Poorboys shampoo
- Various Poorboys, Blackfire & Autoglym gentle polishes, waxes and finishing chemical concoctions
- Bilt & Hammer soft clay bar
- Tyre dressing
- soft, massive microfibre drying towel
- a pile of smaller microfibre towels, application pads etc.
- leather cleaner and conditioner
- wheel wax to protect the gorgeous alloys

My garage is a shrine to the concept of a 'Man Cave'.

Is it worth it? Well, I find it therapeutic. But I also get a tremendous return on investment. Come private sale time, I simply show potential buyers the shelving with all of the valeting products, get my son to testify that his Dad is a perfectionist and a little mad and then........ voila, they buy the car for much much more than dealer trade in - on my XC90 we achieved £4.8k more than we were offered by the dealer as part-ex by using eBay motors.

Regards, Arianne
We sound one and the same, when i part ex my car at Harwoods they gave me a better deal as the sales man said he has not seen a car look like new after 3 years like mine, he said it looked like it had just been driven off the production line.

He thinks i am like you a serial car perfectionist, i always tell them when my car goes to them for work, never and i repeat never clean my car. :D

karl1672

Post by karl1672 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Sounds like me too. I'm a regular "consumer" of http://www.autogeek.net. Great product lines and always something new to try. They were an "elf" sale today, so had to buy this / http://www.autogeek.net/dp-turbo-car-dryer.html :D
2017 F-Pace R-Sport / Ammonite / Black Pack

2013 LR4 (or Disco I guess) (her's)

2013 Evoque (F-Pace tade in)

2007 Corvette

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:12 pm

karl1672 wrote:They were an "elf" sale today, so had to buy this / http://www.autogeek.net/dp-turbo-car-dryer.html
Or just use a leaf blower . . that way you get double the use from it instead of leaving it wallowing in a dusty corner of the shed until next autumn . . :lol: