What does your car wash kit consist of?

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
rsport_paul

What does your car wash kit consist of?

Post by rsport_paul » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:08 am

I have a few bits in mine, but I find a 99p toilet brush from Tesco, one of the best additions I even had. Great for getting in those alloys and giving a good scrub (please note don't use it on the paint work!)

I have a couple of DODO JUICE YETI WASH MITT's I find them super soft and excellent for a good shampoo.
I got some of this off a friend - CHEMICAL GUYS AFTER WASH DRYING AID - and I was amazed how well it got the water moving from the body work on my old car.

Obviously I have a couple of buckets and a few other bits, but I wondered what quirky stuff, like a toilet brush, do you use.
R-Sport 2.0 Auto - UB - Jet/Taurus - Reversing Camera - Tinted Windows - 6 foot iphone cable to reach my cradle mount on the dash! :lol:

Joemax

Re: What does your car wash kit consist of?

Post by Joemax » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:54 am

I just use a plain old boring synthetic big sponge just for the wheels. As for the body I use Meguiars microfibre mitts with one Marigold gold glove, underneath to keep my hands nice and smooth 8-) , one for the top half and another mitt just for the more dirty bottom half. Meguiars shampoo and carnauba wax to finish off. Drying I only use 100% microfibre cloths not with chamois leather like I used to. No toilet brushes in sight :lol:
S p a c e, P a c e & G r a c e
White 2L auto R Sport, 19" Bionics, standard Jag Nav, all black leather, front and rear sensors and thats pretty much about it chaps just the basics, Im old school you see.

jinjin

Post by jinjin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:03 pm

my car was kit consists one of of these every few months!

http://www.wowfactors.ltd.uk/mini_valet.php *

* Jinjin is not associated in any with with wow factors. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Ordered 9th May, Arrived 9th Sep!: R-Sport Auto, Storm Grey, 22" Silver Helix, Priv Glass, LED Lights, Pano Roof, Jet Trim, 10 way Seats, ICTP 380W, Black, Dynamics, Advance Park & Practicality Packs, Blind Spot Monitoring and more

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Joemax wrote:I just use a plain old boring synthetic big sponge just for the wheels. As for the body I use Meguiars microfibre mitts with one Marigold gold glove, underneath to keep my hands nice and smooth 8-) , one for the top half and another mitt just for the more dirty bottom half. Meguiars shampoo and carnauba wax to finish off. Drying I only use 100% microfibre cloths not with chamois leather like I used to. No toilet brushes in sight :lol:
I second Maguiars products for all my car washing and detailing of the car including there detailing machines, mops, Polish everything.

Yes it costs a lot more but I like to keep my car scratch free.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:20 pm

That's why I buy white cars ... they are naturally scratch free ... so I let Matej and Cristiano do their worst (actually they do a very good job) at the local car valeters.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

jinjin

Post by jinjin » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:28 pm

the guys I use are vey good mobile valeters. They're one of a small number of approved mobile GTECHNIQ detailers and with their mini valet, they come to me and even bring their own de-ionised water!

ok it costs £30 but every couple of months it does the job for me.
Ordered 9th May, Arrived 9th Sep!: R-Sport Auto, Storm Grey, 22" Silver Helix, Priv Glass, LED Lights, Pano Roof, Jet Trim, 10 way Seats, ICTP 380W, Black, Dynamics, Advance Park & Practicality Packs, Blind Spot Monitoring and more

karl1672

Post by karl1672 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:57 pm

For my monthly, I use a foam gun with CG HoneyDew Snow Foam and a micro-chenille wash mitt. For weekly, I use a waterless, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless with lots of MF towels. This stuff is awesome.
2017 F-Pace R-Sport / Ammonite / Black Pack

2013 LR4 (or Disco I guess) (her's)

2013 Evoque (F-Pace tade in)

2007 Corvette

rsport_paul

Post by rsport_paul » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:22 pm

karl1672 wrote:For weekly, I use a waterless, Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless with lots of MF towels. This stuff is awesome.
you lost me after you mentioned Weekly wash!
R-Sport 2.0 Auto - UB - Jet/Taurus - Reversing Camera - Tinted Windows - 6 foot iphone cable to reach my cradle mount on the dash! :lol:

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm at one wash in 14 weeks :)

(ok so the dealer did a couple)
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

rsport_paul

Post by rsport_paul » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:27 pm

:lol:
JLRnumber5 wrote:I'm at one wash in 14 weeks :)

(ok so the dealer did a couple)

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”