22inch black double helix wheels

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
pmheathcote

Re: 22inch black double helix wheels

Post by pmheathcote » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Cheers guys.

Any particular Bilt Hamber?

I have a couple of spots of something on one wheel which wont come off, hopefully this would help.

Also need to get to the back of the wheels, looks like they have never been cleaned.

Cheers
Eiger Grey 3.0d V6 S, Black Pack, 22" Black Double Helix Wheels. Sliding Panoramic Roof.

mik

Post by mik » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:27 pm

2020 Audi E-Tron Launch Edition for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

pmheathcote

Post by pmheathcote » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:24 pm

Great thanks!

Will try some once my AG custom cleaner runs out.

Want to try and get the two ginger coloured spots of the one wheel.

Love the car though. Can't stop looking at the wheels, 22" was the right choice even though I do go off road for work a bit.
Eiger Grey 3.0d V6 S, Black Pack, 22" Black Double Helix Wheels. Sliding Panoramic Roof.

pmheathcote

Wheels again!

Post by pmheathcote » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:56 pm

So the Autoglym Custom Wheel cleaner is great on the wheels but the barrels are still a dull dirty colour no matter how much I scrub them.

It is like a brown chalky finish on them, presume that is brake dust.

Is this where I need a red cleaner like the Bilt Hamber to react and remove that residue?

Cheers guys.

Also, how do people keep the wheel arch plastic clean? Spent hours washing and polishing car only to stand back and see dirty plastic wheel arches!

Thanks

Smitten

Re: Wheels again!

Post by Smitten » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:36 am

I would use the Bilt Hamber. The paint is very thin in the barrel and it has a rough feel to it but sounds like you have brake dust iron particles embedded or adhering. I normally just pressure wash the arches after applying Bilt Hamber Autofoam. It gets a lot of the grime off but not all.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

pmheathcote

Post by pmheathcote » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:36 pm

Thanks for that. Will give it a try.

The wheels are amazing but takes a lot to keep them looking good. I find they water mark easily on the satin spokes.

Thanks

pmheathcote

Post by pmheathcote » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Just a quick update guys.

I used the Bilt Hamber on my wifes car as a test today and it is amazing!

Apart from the smell!

The wheels are the cleanest I have ever seen with little effort. Followed by AG Custom Wheel cleaner and they are sparkling. Cant wait to use on my Black double helix!

Cheers for the recommendation guys.