F-Pace SVR Ceramic Protection

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Rusk

F-Pace SVR Ceramic Protection

Post by Rusk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:46 am

Hi All,

As you may know I had a full new car treatment on the SVR done at https://www.staffordshirecarcare.co.uk/. They did a great job and they do little videos for each car they do. Not sure about the music choice but it is a bit of fun!

https://youtu.be/M8wG3r3KPTs
Current: F-Pace SVR :twisted:
Sold: 2018 F-Pace S 3.0D

zarakoff

Re: F-Pace SVR Ceramic Protection

Post by zarakoff » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:32 pm

Did you just have a polish and ceramic coating no ppf ?
What do they charge for the paint protection and ceramic coating ?

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:13 pm

I just had new car detail with machine polish and then a ceramic coating. I also had internals done along with all trims, wheels, everything really. It was also a 5 year coating. All in it was just over £600 which considering the Jag dealer wanted just under £600 for a poorly applied coating which doesn't even last a year I consider it a great price.

I decided not to go with PPF this time as it was rather pricey. I also don't think you'd get any better price on trade in for no stone chips vs a few to make PPF pay for itself.

I think if it is a super car then value is held much better with condition. As much as I think the SVR is close to being a very special car it isn't on the same level and at the end of the day the dealers will just treat it as another SUV at trade in time.

If I knew I was going to keep this for many many years I would have done PPF. I'm terrible with cars and tend to swap ever 2/3 years (this time it was only 1 year!).

Also this is a family wagon. It is going to get used everyday and it is going to have kids making a mess of it and dirty pushchairs and bikes thrown into the boot. The Ceramic was to make my life easier in quick washes in the limited time I will get to spend on the car. The internal coatings to help protect from the sick and mud flying around :lol:
Current: F-Pace SVR :twisted:
Sold: 2018 F-Pace S 3.0D

j33per

Post by j33per » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:26 pm

That finish looks beautiful.
2018 R-Sport 2.0D 180 AWD
1968 MB SL250

KHatman

Post by KHatman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:21 am

Looks great.

I think you are fooling yourself if you think its going to save you any time washing it, as if you are like me you'll end up snow foaming, double bucket, quick detailer etc on top of wanting to clean it more often to get back to that wonderful looking state it is now. You may save some waxing time but I reckon that you'll end up re-applying something like the G-technic C2 every 8/9 months or so to keep on top of things instead.
2019 F Pace 2.0D R Sport, Manual, Corris grey and very little else

big jon

Post by big jon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:44 am

totally agree but they stay cleaner for longer and easier to clean :D :D
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”