Car detailing/paint protection - worth the cash?

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.

Re: Car detailing/paint protection - worth the cash?

Post by Littlewig » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:04 am

Looks great.
Arrived :D - 3.0d V6 S in Ammonite with 22" turbines, ADSr, ICTP 340w, mood lighting, 360 parking, panno roof, space saver, illuminated door steps, LED headlights, 14-way seats, winter pack and cup holder covers...

Post by tonythehoolet » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 pm

I've taken the plunge. My F-pace arrived on Friday and dropped it off today to the detailers with pick up on Thursday. My detailer ( uses a new ceramic coating called Kenolon Ceramic Shield that is new to UK market. Really looking forward to seeing it. Will post pictures when I pick it up (as long as it's dry).
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

Post by corriescar66 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 am

A point to note regarding these coatings...

While they are excellent and do work, based on my 6 months experience so far, however.....

Some will remember I had my rear valance 'colour coded' earlier this year.... A botch job which was apparently sorted by dealer three weeks ago, but although I got it back 're-finished' 10 days ago I noticed the paint is coming off yet again yesterday.... Add to that the 'tiger stripes' made by crude machine polishing all over the whole bumper, which now encroach onto the rear wings I really am one p*&&ed off bunny....

The re-painted area looks visibly different to the coated areas which is due to the deep shine the coating adds to the paint finish, so...

I contacted the detailer (prior to finding the paint starting to peel again...) to book in to have the coating re-applied to bumper only....

Cost to do whole car £720 ish (inc wheels)........ Cost to do bumper £450 - they charge a day rate.

Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Post by jagman2017 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 pm

Oh yes very worth it
G techniq it’s amazing pics when first done and three months later

2.0 Petrol R sport caesium Blue 22” Black wheels Black pack, puddle lights, 380 ict pro pack, ambient lighting, seats oyster & lime stitching,privacy glass.panoramic roof,glasses holder,10 way electric seats, xenon lights, sliding cup holder cover

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”