Gardx

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Seanyt

Re: Gardx

Post by Seanyt » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 pm

I have had the same conversation, very vague regarding what the product does and how long it lasts. Also hasn't responded when questioned against the lifetime warranty.... think I might give it all a swerve and look elsewhere. Too many negative reviews online!
2.0d AWD R Sport. Caesium Blue, ICTP 825w, 360 parking and reversing camera, black pack, privacy glass, configurable dynamics, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, space saver, mood lighting and activity key + LED and BSM :D Delivered November

DPE

Post by DPE » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 pm

I had GardX put on my FPace from New. After the first 2 months it had to be done again. It was not working. You also have to use every 6 (I think) washes, a liquid after the wash ,to top it up on the paint protection again !. We also purchased a RR Evoque at the same time. This had Autoguard treatment. No need to have a top up treatment and full warranty. The Autoguard is far superior compared to the GuardX. I sold the FPace after 6 months and 10,000 miles and bought a 3.0ds new one. This time I put on my own treatment with Autoguard products. the finish is excellent . I have had the new car now 6 months and 9500 miles. Still looking like New. Hope this helps.
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 pm

GardX stage 1 and 2 in a bottle is being offered on E bay currently for £16.95. Bargain at this price and spend a couple of enjoyable hours applying it yourself.
2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD Portfolio(rejection replacement). Odyssey Red. Latte .Blind Spot Monitor .20"Templars .Red brake calipers. All privacy glass. Side Steps. Space saver. USA plates.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Hydrajaws wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:03 pm
GardX stage 1 and 2 in a bottle is being offered on E bay currently for £16.95

Makes you realise just what an enormous margin they make on stuff like this . . at first I was quoted £499 for GardX by my dealer :lol: :lol: , they came down a lot, like they were doing me a big favour . . but I still didn't take them up on the 'offer'
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 pm

Thanks Catwoman for your realistic view! Now here is mine and I will get my tin hat on for the expected fallout!
All these aftermarket paint treatments have doubtful and unproven results and dealers are conning customers to have them applied at really inflated prices to line their own pockets with the commission offered. Modern waterbased paint systems with high gloss lacquer do not need an extra level of shine added and protection and water beading if this is your thing can be achieved by a good wax or nano-tech polish. The hard shell treatments such as Geotech give bodyshops serious problems in removing the stuff before panels can be repaired after accident damage and the cost of retreating becomes prohibitive.
2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD Portfolio(rejection replacement). Odyssey Red. Latte .Blind Spot Monitor .20"Templars .Red brake calipers. All privacy glass. Side Steps. Space saver. USA plates.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

Daddy_Alex

Post by Daddy_Alex » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 am

HI there - as a couple of others have mentioned, this price is extremely high. Got GardX on RR red Evoque about a year ago and it still easy to clean and paint looks as it did when I picked her up. So after a winter and a summer outside, it was worth what I thought was expensive at the time...£250.

So for almost 10 times the cost, I'd definitely consider other options or if GardX is your choice, try a different detailer.

Cheers

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:07 am

Would recommend GVE Detailing if in London but go through Gtechniq website for a better deal.
GVE are an approved applier of Gtechniq products.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2413
Collected: 8-)
Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”