Shiny door side panels - scratches.

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
MyV6Jag

Shiny door side panels - scratches.

Post by MyV6Jag » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:38 pm

I thought I'd seen this mentioned in the forum before but here goes.

The door black side panels and other glossy shiny bits like cup holder cover pick up so many tiny hairline scratches so easily.

Can anyone suggest a way of removing them or at least making them look less scratchy?? :cry:
Collected: 8-)
Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Jagfpacejk

Re: Shiny door side panels - scratches.

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Yes your right it has been mentioned before, the only way to get the removed correctly is to get them detailed, there is a section on here about this now.
First Edition 3 litre Supercharged Petrol in Caesium Blue Very limited 1 of 10 ever made, with every bells and whistle added :D

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:34 pm

The outer plastic bits on the doors I've found scratch very easily, not great.
Has to be polished out out. I had mine done when detailed and they are sort of ok still.
Interior I've not had any scratches and it holds up well I've found.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Coopsterdude

Post by Coopsterdude » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:08 pm

It's not perfect, but I tried the Autoglym glass polish on them this weekend (externally) and it was certainly an improvement. It was by mistake at first as I had some overspill but then thought hmmm, this could work - tried it on a small piece first.
2.0D AWD Prestige Auto. BRG, Oyster trim with Pistachio stitching, Privacy Glass, Activity Key and Towbar

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:35 pm

interesting. I posted a question on another thread this morning about the Jag Autoglym paint protection product which they are trying to sell me. Was wondering if the paint protection prevents this issue from materialising in the first place.

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

Coopsterdude

Post by Coopsterdude » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:53 pm

IMHO the Autoglym paint protection is vastly over priced for what u get. Better off spending the money on a ceramic coating
2.0D AWD Prestige Auto. BRG, Oyster trim with Pistachio stitching, Privacy Glass, Activity Key and Towbar

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:14 pm

I had the autoglym life shine and it was ok for free. I certainly wouldn't have paid for it. Scratches started to show in the black door trims almost immediately.

Then I had a Williams Ceramic coat which was way better.
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”