Gtechniq total surface protection bundle

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Brownie

Gtechniq total surface protection bundle

Post by Brownie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Ladies/gents,
I'm looking into getting the replacement car protected with the full Gtechniq package - single stage polish, CS black and the total surface protection bundle. I know a few people here have had the the CS black treatment (crystal serum and EXO) but wondering if anyone had the surface protection bundle? If you have had it, do you find it is making a difference to protecting the interior? Is it easier to clean?

How are you finding the EXO? I have seen reports that you can end up with excessive water marks (I have read the recent post reference removing water marks).
2.0L AWD auto R-Sport, IRR, ICTP 825W, LED headlights, 20 way memory seats, cold pack, configurable mood lighting, privacy glass, fixed Pano roof, rear view camera, mud guards :shock: and activity key

Onionrage

Re: Gtechniq total surface protection bundle

Post by Onionrage » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:20 pm

I went for the full CS and ExoV3 on the paintwork with C5 Wheel Armour on the black alloys. Very very pleased with the results on this. Cleaning is a real easy job, a couple of good microfibre towels to dry and not seeing any water marks at all.

I did consider going for the interior package - but in the end I wanted to leave myself something to do - so i did the carpets, leather, dash and trim etc myself with Gtechniq products. Didn't take long and finding them to be equally as good as the exterior so far. I also did the glass myself with the G1/G2 product - which is again superb once applied.

The only thing i would do different again would be to let the Detailer do the glass. This was tricky to apply, even though it came out well. Not having a indoor garage to apply this was the major problem.

The bundle of all treatments does appear to be the best value - especially if you do the full wheels and glass. For me - I just enjoy doing a few bits myself - so thats why I left the interior and glass as my own work.

Either way - very happy with the results.
RSport 2.0 Manual AWD, Polaris White, Red Taurus, Black Pack & Black Gloss Alloys, Jet Headlining, 4-way electric lumbar, Rear Camera, Heated Windscreen/Washer jets, Space saver, Rear seat remote release, splash guards and Satin Grey Ebony Veneers

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Had it all done and happy. Wheels well worth getting done and I had the interior done even though wasn't bothered and didn't think it would be much use.
Yesterday one of the boys left a juice bottle on floor and came back it had dropped onto carpet. Picked up and drink just sitting on top, removed and shook off outside. Done. No mark or wet carpet.

First day or so the windscreen seemed a bit much but that's fine now. Exterior really rolls the water off.

Unless a huge difference in price might as well get the lot done.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:17 am

I agree with mbadger as I had the full package with the serum and have to say the exterior is fantastically easy to clean and even when dirty over the last few weeks it still looks good. Just don't get me going on the sat nav as that over the last few days in Gloucester has been terrible taking me all round the houses and down wee lanes.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am

Cheers for the feedback. Think I'll go ahead and get the full package as its not that much more money. I've got a four-year old so I'm sure the interior protection will pay for itself in no time.

What are you using to wash the car? I was going to just use gwash as to not affect the exo coating.
2.0L AWD auto R-Sport, IRR, ICTP 825W, LED headlights, 20 way memory seats, cold pack, configurable mood lighting, privacy glass, fixed Pano roof, rear view camera, mud guards :shock: and activity key

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:10 pm

Brownie wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 am
Cheers for the feedback. Think I'll go ahead and get the full package as its not that much more money. I've got a four-year old so I'm sure the interior protection will pay for itself in no time.

What are you using to wash the car? I was going to just use gwash as to not affect the exo coating.
They may well give you a pack that does you for the basics. I bought a few more bits from the site and must say the large non scratch drying towel is amazing. The wash mitt also is way better than the meguires lambs wool I had before.

I bought the citrus foam as well so snow foam it then use the Gtech wash stuff and I'm about done ! Quick rinse and dry.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Onionrage

Post by Onionrage » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Likewise - I got quite a comprehensive Gtechniq aftercare kit thrown in (priced up to over £90 on the website).

It is possibly to get 7.5% off all sales on the Gtechnic website once you set up a account. Detail can be found here - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... 35&page=15
RSport 2.0 Manual AWD, Polaris White, Red Taurus, Black Pack & Black Gloss Alloys, Jet Headlining, 4-way electric lumbar, Rear Camera, Heated Windscreen/Washer jets, Space saver, Rear seat remote release, splash guards and Satin Grey Ebony Veneers

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm going to repeat this post as I don't think many realise the implications of this.... If I did at the time, I might re-consider....

A point to note regarding these coatings...

While they are excellent and do work, based on my 6 months experience so far, however.....

Some will remember I had my rear valance 'colour coded' earlier this year.... A botch job which was apparently sorted by dealer three weeks ago, but although I got it back 're-finished' 10 days ago I noticed the paint is coming off yet again yesterday.... Add to that the 'tiger stripes' made by crude machine polishing all over the whole bumper, which now encroach onto the rear wings I really am one p*&&ed off bunny....

The re-painted area looks visibly different to the coated areas which is due to the deep shine the coating adds to the paint finish, so...

I contacted the detailer (prior to finding the paint starting to peel again...) to book in to have the coating re-applied to bumper only....

Cost to do whole car £720 ish (inc wheels)........ Cost to do bumper... £450 - they charge a day rate and they charge for full amount of new Gtechniq

You cannot have a panel repaired & not re-apply coating - it looks too different.

And body shops will charge you more as they have to physically remove coating from any area to be repainted.

I asked the question before proceeding, but answer was ' yes, not a problem...' What they didn't say it would cost over half the original cost for just one panel.

Beware!!!!!
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Fri May 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Having had contact with bodyshops most of my working life I was warned 2 years ago not to be persuaded to have one of these ceramic paint treatments applied to my paintwork exactly for the sound reasons stated above.They may give the illusion of a deep shine,scratch resistant surface and easyclean water shedding for a time but the downside of extra preparation work when panels need repainting and then re applying the coating to the new paint is very expensive. Insurance companies are already asking bodyshops to include on quotes if they are aware of evidence of paint coating. Much safer and cheaper to treat your paintwork to a couple of good coats of wax or nano polish every year and avoid polish containing silicon as the bodyshops hate this too. Only my opinion of course but avoiding these expensive and unproven treatments and [commercial] hand car washes is probably better for your paintwork in the long run.

[Post edited by moderator]
2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD Portfolio(rejection replacement). Odyssey Red. Latte .Blind Spot Monitor .20"Templars .Red brake calipers. All privacy glass. Side Steps. Space saver. USA plates.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Hydrajaws wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 11:37 pm
Having had contact with bodyshops most of my working life I was warned 2 years ago not to be persuaded to have one of these ceramic paint treatments applied to my paintwork exactly for the sound reasons stated above.They may give the illusion of a deep shine,scratch resistant surface and easyclean water shedding for a time but the downside of extra preparation work when panels need repainting and then re applying the coating to the new paint is very expensive. Insurance companies are already asking bodyshops to include on quotes if they are aware of evidence of paint coating. Much safer and cheaper to treat your paintwork to a couple of good coats of wax or nano polish every year and avoid polish containing silicon as the bodyshops hate this too. Only my opinion of course but avoiding these expensive and unproven treatments and [commercial] hand car washes is probably better for your paintwork in the long run.

[Post edited by moderator]

Mine is back in bodyshop today & it was agreed that siting next to an IRR XF, the colour depth on mine made it look a different colour and positively glowed.

As a previous sceptic to these treatments, they do work, and work well - that wasn't the reason for my post.

If you are you on a budget & like to keep your car scratch/minor dent free, be aware of the extra cost to re-apply the ceramic. Ask the detailer to give you a cost for the whole car & then one panel.

It's better to be aware before you proceed, than find out afterwards.

Approved body shops are a rip off anyway, and it's about time they actually did some work for their exorbitant fees...
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”