Genuine Jaguar Electrically Deployable Tow Bar Kit - T4A7049

Buy and Sell from other members.
MiCoHi

Genuine Jaguar Electrically Deployable Tow Bar Kit - T4A7049

Post by MiCoHi » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:47 pm

It's on the car at the moment, but as my dealer says my car is a mash up of MY17 and MY18 and that the chances of getting a proper electrically deployable tow bar fitted is slimmer than the UK winning next year's Eurovision, I'll soon be removing the kit fitted earlier in the year.

Photos to follow, should they be needed, but this is basically the full towing armature, speaker, deployment button, wiring loom and mounting plates/bolts, which when paired with the correct module and coded by the dealer, will give you a factory original electrically deployable towing system.

Collection only from the Warrington area, or we can arrange something I suppose, and at the bargain price of £350, which is a steal if it fits your F-Pace (dealer reckons it's good for 2016 and 2017 model years).
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Gray Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist and lumbar).

apemberton

Re: Genuine Jaguar Electrically Deployable Tow Bar Kit - T4A7049

Post by apemberton » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:14 pm

I'd like a towbar for my 2017 and I'm only in Stockport! .... but an added complication is that mine has deployable steps. Same control module that has the three electrical connections. I believe ... DSS=Deployable Side Steps DTB=Deployable Tow Bar and TBE=Tow Bar Electrics. There was a technical bulletin with all the information on it. See if I can find it again. No such complications with my previous Audi Q7 V8 4.2 Tdi quattro ......
Added ....
File attached is difference between 2017 and 2018 in part numbers and ...
Link to SSM74461 for know errors on Deployable Towbars
Deployable Tow bar list.pdf
(198.39 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
F-Pace S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Glacier White
F-Type S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Salsa Red

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:24 pm

Well, from the sounds of things and looking at that pdf, as you have DSS, you should be good to go with just the towbar arm and wiring loom.
If you’d like to PM me, I’m sure we can arrange something mutually convenient.
From what I’m told, my car has bits of both model years on it which is why it can’t take the EDT, only a manual version. The guy from Jaguar said that what is happening at Castle Bromwich now reminds him of what used to go on in the old Rover/British Leyland era, parts bin specials rolling off the line.
It’s almost certainly back to the 4 rings for me next time, sadly.
2018MY Corris R-Sport. 22" Gray Turbine wheels, LED lights, adaptive cruise, fully loaded (bar blind spot assist and lumbar).

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:43 pm

MiCoHi wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:24 pm
The guy from Jaguar said that what is happening at Castle Bromwich now reminds him of what used to go on in the old Rover/British Leyland era, parts bin specials rolling off the line.
I wouldn't believe any "guy from Jaguar" that told you that the F-Pace is built in Castle Bromwich as they are built at the Lode Lane facility in SOLIHULL!!! The same plant that manufactures Range Rovers and Range Rover Sport.
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:22 pm

I don’t believe I said, or he said that the F-Pace was built there. Without naming names, the chap in question is a time-served member of the service department in my local franchised dealership - maybe calling him a “guy from a franchised Jaguar dealership service department” would be more accurate? Whatever, I do think he has inside knowledge of that particular assembly line though to make a comment like that. And if Solihull is where my car was made, then it seems that plant is also making part bin specials too.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:30 pm

There shouldn’t be any problem fitting the hardware assuming the folding mechanism is working, a switch in the boot operates it. The trailer electrics are tricky because the operating system changed with MY18, coding them to the car is not straightforward, you can fit a universal system but you won’t get the enhanced trailer features.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:36 pm

Hardware is fitted and it was a doddle, agreed. The trouble is (so I'm told by my dealer) that my car has elements of MY17 and MY18, so there's pretty much no way of coding the EDT to the car, regardless of what module is fitted.

I really only need it for a bike rack, so a manual one will be fine, hence the sale of the post electronic one.

MiCoHi

Post by MiCoHi » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 pm

Now sold and I've installed a manually operated genuine Jaguar one in it's place. Does the job just fine.