Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

List of Issues / Problems with F-Pace

108K views 138 replies 53 participants last post by  June16 
#1 ·
For the sake of clarity for everyone on here, including the Jaguar Customer Relations dept. if they're interested, I've compiled a list of known 'live' issues that have so far come to light with 'some' F-Paces that are already out there with customers.

Compiled List of identified Issues that have emerged from posts by forum members who already have their cars:
  • Bonnet shut-line misalignment
  • Air breather tube catching on belt
  • AdBlue hose connector failed/ AdBlue cap leaking
  • Paint defect on tailgate/scratches on bodywork
  • Rubbed/damaged alloy rim from poor fitting of tyre
  • Creaking rear suspension springs/mounts after about 1000 miles
    - creaking was also commented on by one video reviewer here..
  • InControl Touch Pro Infotainment system - glitchy, blank or fuzzy screen (Jag Campaign no: K385), no sound, no rear camera, no front parking sensors
    - at present it is not clear if there are any similar reports of issues from customers with the 'lower spec' InControl Touch system

Did I miss any?
Any others, just add 'em to the list.

Let's all try and keep track of the extent of these problems and follow what happens...

See less See more
G
#5 ·
Russell said:
Unfortunately Jaguar Campaign K385 does not resolve the issues with the In Control Pro, it makes them worse! At present Jaguar have NO solution.
They should of never launched the car to market with this problem, owners have complained about this within a few days of ownership !

they must have known about this in the R&D dept surely !! these bugs don't just arise when the customers take delivery do they

#6 ·
My First Edition has been in the shop more than on the road. Besides the "squeaky" rear suspension, which was fixed, it is electronic problems

1 - InControl panel goes blank and remains blank
2 - Strange icons for Sirus XM
3 - Sirius XM can not be selected
4 - Instrument dimmer only works after 17 minutes of driving (Jaguar claimed this is by design)????
5 - Horrible gas mileage - heck it is only a 3.0L engine
6 - Auto Shutoff can not be disabled - this is a safety issue
7 - Drivers seat memory has a mind of its own. Will change to full back for no reason
8 - Mobile data does not work

#7 ·
So JLR have qualified the car was EXTENSIVELY TESTED.....hmmm I'm guessing not extensively enough. All I know is having been through the mill with a first release Freelander 2 in 2006 which was rejected after 4 months after numerous electrical issues, I will not sit back and wait. Not paying £62k+ for a car to keep failing. The Freelander was replaced after a factory re-order so J ended up with 9 months free travel. To be fair to JLR I recorded all issues gave them numerous chances to repair which they failed to do, finally gave the car back and said keep it for a week and sort it. If you fail I'm rejecting the car. I picked it up a week later, got half a mile up the road and adaptive headlamp warning started flashing plus other warning lights.....so the car was changed after a factory re-order. No quibble! The replacement car was great!! So there is light at the end of the tunnel!

G
#9 ·
Hello

well for me .. all the quality issues that we have been discussing over the past few months, is one of the reasons I cancelled my order ... and I am glad I did !

Totally unacceptable .. I had high hopes, but there is no way that I am parting with my hard earned cash to put up with all this crap & poor quality

sorry ..

#14 ·
Updated the list to include the passenger door rear view mirror issue that some owners are reporting . .

Compiled List of identified Issues that have emerged from posts by forum members who already have their cars:

Air breather tube catching on belt
    AdBlue hose connector failed/ AdBlue cap leaking
    Paint defect on tailgate/scratches on bodywork
    Rubbed/damaged alloy rim from poor fitting of tyre
    Creaking rear suspension springs/mounts after about 1000 miles
    - creaking was also commented on by one video reviewer here..
    InControl Touch Pro Infotainment system - glitchy, blank or fuzzy screen (Jag Campaign no: K385), no sound, no rear camera, no front parking sensors - still not clear if there are any similar reports of issues from customers with the 'standard spec' InControl Touch system
    Passenger door mirror not returning to normal position after dipping when reverse gear has been selected

Once again, if I've missed any, or if anyone thinks any of the ones listed are no longer on-going issues, then just post below...

#16 ·
Pos.k said:
Hmmm thanks for that .. I'm not using JLR finance 'cos the rates are rubbish ... it's a Black Horse finance agreement (Lloyds) but you can find the much better rates going directly to them.

Will have to investigate if I'm still covered in the same way if I need to reject the vehicle.

#23 ·
Hi Dimok, welcome along to the F-Pace fun house! :shock:
Sorry to hear you are having problems with the 'standard' ICT . . I notice you say on your other post that it has been back with the Dealers for 2 weeks, that is terrible for you! Thanks for letting us know and I hope they fix it for you soon.

So, just to keep the issues out there and visible for everyone concerned, here is the current list of potential things to look out for on your cars:

Air breather tube catching on belt
    AdBlue hose connector failed / AdBlue cap leaking
    Paint defect on tailgate / delivery scratches on bodywork and mirrors
    Rubbed/damaged alloy rim from poor fitting of tyre
    Creaking rear suspension springs/mounts after about 1000 miles
    - creaking was commented on by one early video reviewer here..
    InControl Touch Pro Infotainment system - intermittent, glitchy, blank or fuzzy screen, no sound, no rear camera, no front parking sensors
    Inexplicable holes cut in underside of cars
    Tailgate misalignment
    Passenger door mirror not returning to normal position after dipping when reverse gear has been selected
    Battery terminals loose, red protective cover not fitted

#24 ·
Mine had vastly different incorrect tyre pressures all around. 51 / 49 / 37 / 36 psi
Washer jets out of alignment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.