Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

F-Pace not registered in my name

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ffpace 
#1 ·
Hi,

Partly a rant and partly need some advice..

I bought my F-Pace a year ago, and not noticing I hadn't received a log book.

Today randomly I thought my road tax direct debit hadn't been taken from my account.. now blaming old age I thought I would check when my road tax was due... 1st APRIL 2019 !!! So after a mini heart attack I rush back from work to find my log book as all of this afternoons googling told me I needed the slip from when i bought the car or the V5.. anyway I couldnt find the log book and then proceeded to call the dvla as all I wanted to do was pay the road tax ASAP.

This is where it gets strange, I have the direct debit email from the DVLA, however when I phoned they said the car hasn't been registered in my name but still with the dealership.. So now I have to pay the roadtax plus a £25 fee because I dont have the log book (not my fault) or a MOT (car doesnt need one). Also have to take the morning off to find a main post office to get this shambles sorted.

When I bought my car from the dealership the salesman said "its all electronic" and I questioned him about it a few times.

Now do you think its too late to go back to the dealership to find out what happened and try to get my £25 back or let it be?

FYI.. not mentioning the dealers name.. but I live in Reading and you wouldnt have to look too far from the local B&Q ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to read your issues, the registering into your name by the dealer is done electronically and you should have had paperwork come through your do, now as they have not done this you have not got the paperwork plus your lucky if you have been driving round without car tax as now a days there are cameras checking this both fixed and in police cars, i would for one be contacting the dealer for some answers and also expect them to reimburse you.

As for next time, you now know better. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.