Total Customer Care Failure- Lancaster Reading

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
June16

Total Customer Care Failure- Lancaster Reading

Post by June16 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:42 pm

I write this in an extremely angry and Frustrated mindset.

On October the 15th I called my dealership above and requested 4 x Continental TS 850 P Winter Tyres in size 255/55/19 . These are listed as an OEM approved winter tyre for my Fpace.
I did a lot of research into the exact approved winter tyres I wanted fitted.

The appointment was made for the 30th October to coincide with a software update to 18c.

I had the software update on that day , but the tyres I was told were on back order so this would mean yet another trip to the dealer.

I was then called and told the tyres came in last Thursday and we arranged an appointment for them to be fitted today.

I went to the dealership and was told the price would be £928 fitted, I queried this cost as I did have a previous quote , but as I needed them I agreed to just get them fitted.

When my car was ready a few hours later I walked out to find my car was not fitted with Continental TS 850P but fitted with Pirelli Scorpion Winter Tyres .
It was quite hard to see the tyre make as all four wheels and tyres were left in what I can only say as a disgusting filthy state. Never the less I spotted the mistake and advised the tyres were incorrect.

I did not want to accept these tyres and said so, but in the end I had little option, as to not accept them would have meant pulling those tyres off and refitting my summer tyres , then returning once more to get the correct tyres fitted and the summers pulled off again . This was also on the condition - “IF” they could source the correct ones, which soon transpired to be they cannot get them . As everyone knows pulling on and off tyres would possibly lead to chances of rim damage.

I have therefore in the end accepted a reduction in cost of £116 for the error .

In summary:
Should it take what would eventually be 3 dealership visits in order to get what I asked for in the first place fitted?
Should I be pleased I now have tyres I didn’t want fitted ?
Should my vehicle have been left with tyre fittment “stuff” on the wheels and tyres as pictured below?

Perhaps in future I will just go to a local tyre fitter and receive a better service, as going to the dealer , which I thought was the better way, has turned into a complete and utter shambles.

9DBA368C-75BA-4C8C-8241-8E9B25238CE3.jpeg

BA13304D-BF43-4715-A7AB-692D59A7935D.jpeg

7A201DF1-1EC9-42BA-A231-C8B350561D69.jpeg

2E35165C-8D34-444C-8DA3-9CC0E110910D.jpeg

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

catwoman

Re: Total Customer Care Failure- Lancaster Reading

Post by catwoman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Notwithstanding all the inexcusable pratting about they've done with you on this, some dealerships really don't do themselves any favours at all. I can't believe they seriously handed your car back to you with the rims all smeared with gunk like that - some traces on the rubber tyre wall might be expected, but not that amount and certainly not on the alloy rims themselves. That is shoddy and careless work and leads me to think the dealership don't really care. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even correctly balanced either, after seeing that 'standard' of work. You would very likely have had better service at a Kwik-fit.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:10 pm

catwoman wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:03 pm
You would very likely have had better service at a Kwik-fit.
Are you sure it wasn't done by Kwik-Fit? I know my dealer farms out all their tyre requests to ATS next door, if they put a trained JLR mechanic, or even an apprentice, on the job you would charge you 50% more than you already paid!! Check the work wasn't sub-contracted.

Still shoddy service regardless of who performed it. The dealer is responsible.

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

HB_NORM

Post by HB_NORM » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Interesting and disappointing to hear this about Lancaster Reading as they are currently trying to sell us an F-Pace and couldn't be more helpful. Typical sales vs aftercare transition.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:42 pm

HB_NORM wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:23 pm
Interesting and disappointing to hear this about Lancaster Reading as they are currently trying to sell us an F-Pace and couldn't be more helpful. Typical sales vs aftercare transition.
Oh yes there sales are good .....it’s the after bit that is shocking

I have emailed CRC and Kenny Mark the boss at Lancaster Reading.
Still sitting here fuming .

They can, put the correct tyres on it and leave it in the condition in which I left it with them.
They can even have there £116 back if they are that desperate.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

MRB

Post by MRB » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:55 pm

If you ordered the Continentals they should never have fitted the Pirellis without asking you first regardless of any other factors, availability etc..

As for the gunge on the rims and sidewalls it is quite normal for most tyre shops to hand the car back in a similar state however not for a Jaguar dealer. They wanted to charge you a little under a £1,000 for the job, so the very least they could do was to provide you with a service wash and make sure the grease was removed from the rims and tyres.

As previously stated it is quite common even for the larger dealerships to contact out their tyre fitting, tyre shops are far more competent and ten times quicker at fitting tyres.

Well you probably paid list price for the Pirellis, I would guess that you could have purchased them at around £250 less elsewhere, so no I would not accept the £116, I would go back to them and insist on a further £150 discount.

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Blackcircles would have charged you £971.20 for the Pirelli tyres and fitted the Continentals for £1,028.40. Just to add a bit more salt to the wound the £116 Lancaster Reading graciously gave you back is not much more than the difference in price of the tyres, personally I would be a little bit more than miffed :evil:

Pirelli.JPG

Continental.JPG

Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Get a local quote from your major local Tyre supplier and see if the price is cheaper as Jaguar “promises” to refund the didderence.
I have asked 3 different dealers for tyre quotes and all have given prices higher than what National or other major tyre suppliers can supply.
They have all refused to match these prices as they say they cannot purchase them at these prices.
So what about the Jaguar price promise as per their Webb site. (Attached)

78421B79-4EF5-495D-B8A8-387D18374955.png

MY17. F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:52 pm

Ordered my winter tyres from Camskill and fitted on the drive today by Tyres on the Drive. Really good service. Turned up on time. Wheels balanced and cleaned afterwards and no fitting lubricant remaining. Checked torque settings and tyre pressures with me. Camskill also highly recommended as a supplier. Not sure I would bother going to a dealer for tyres and would certainly order from Camskill again. Very knowledgeable and helpful staff.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:00 pm

I also got some spiel from the dealer that Their supplier orders their stock in bulk for the Lancaster group and they are manufactured for them so it takes time.Once this stock is depleted there are no more.
Sounds like the tail wagging the dog!

I checked the year of manufacture in the tyres and they are the 41st week of 2017 (4117), so that means whilst it’s ok to sell them they certainly weren’t made this year.

I’ve always been wairy of Tyres age having been sold a set of “new tyres” previously that were 6 years old, so I always check the DOT last 4 numbers on the tyre.

There is no law against selling old tyres, it’s one to watch for. They have a shelf life.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”