Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Ad blue top up.

18K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  David@wem.co.uk 
#1 ·
Now we all know that when you have the service plan to get the Adblue topped up you pop in to the Jaguar garage and they do it free of charge.

So I called them up today to inform them of this and I was told "you have to book it in". For something I can get from the local garage / shop at little cost to do it through Jaguar I have to "book it in" and then wait a while until it is done or come back.

This does not make sense to me. There is not another Jag garage near I could use instead so my options are give it to them and wait a while until it is done or do it myself at little cost.

JLR the idea of the free top up is a good one however you need to be more responsive to the customer, it does not take long to actually do the job - even give it to one of the apprentices.

Disappointed in the customer service I have received here.

#2 ·
Ad Blue from Halfords - £11 for 10 litres. Not worth making an appointment wth a dealer, going out of your way and waiting whilst they top it up. Just DIY, it's so easy. Very similar to topping up the screenwash bottle. Unscrew the blue cap and pour it in. Even Halfords will do it for a small fee if you ask.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear of your service levels, had mine topped up last week, my dealer just said drop in when you can which I did and it was completed within a few minutes. I guess each dealer operates differently with their own processes. Even if you do have to book it in it should be only a short wait like mine I would have thought .

#4 ·
Good afternoon Bob a,

Thank you for your comments on the thread.

Please could kindly send me your vehicle identification number along with the name of your local approved retailer to enable me to pass on your feedback to the Head of Business and the Service Manager.

Thanks, Stacie

#7 ·
No need to book with my dealer. Marshalls Didcot

Flub!

#9 ·
Thanks folks, just dropping in appears to be the experience most of you have had and that is what I was expecting.

Unfortunately it was not what I was to get.

#10 ·
As I posted in a similar topic, there seems to be a lack of knowledge/training on the subject.

When I called, the receptionist said it takes two hours. When I spoke to a sales manager and said I'd sort it he said you have to use the right grade.

When I said it's pigs piss & water, he didn't have a clue. Especially when I suggested that be a Jaguar, they had to be free range pigs.

#12 ·
Another couple of issues for Stacie
I have two issue's that really annoyed me.
The lack of free adblue top ups....Yes I have a 3 year service plan, so assumed it was included.
Plus my dealer wants to charge me €30 per day for a courtesy car, whilst the car is in the dealer for warranty work.

Stacie, can you help me?
I know you are UK based, however I should point out that my car was purchased new in Spain last summer, with a small (UK-JLR employee discount) and is Spanish registered, so I am hoping you can talk to your counterpart that covers Spain, or someone within JLR Spain.
Basically I want to know if I am I being ripped off, (for choice of a better word) or is it correct that in Spain I should pay for adblue top ups, plus pay for a courtesy car whilst my vehicle is in for warranty work. Basically turning the courtesy car into a hire car.
I would assume that dealers within Europe have to abide by the same rules/guide lines set out and laid down by JLR UK
Thanks in advance
Syd

#13 ·
Billwright, there have been a couple of instances on the Forum of messages relating to DEF quality issues; an independent Jaguar trained garage told me that they use a superior quality Adblue & there is a Jaguar website 'help' video that mentions ISO 22241-1 or DIN 70070 as a minimum standard, so worth checking if you are doing it yourself. :cool:

#14 ·
SRE said:
Another couple of issues for Stacie
I have two issue's that really annoyed me.
The lack of free adblue top ups....Yes I have a 3 year service plan, so assumed it was included.
Plus my dealer wants to charge me €30 per day for a courtesy car, whilst the car is in the dealer for warranty work.

Stacie, can you help me?
I know you are UK based, however I should point out that my car was purchased new in Spain last summer, with a small (UK-JLR employee discount) and is Spanish registered, so I am hoping you can talk to your counterpart that covers Spain, or someone within JLR Spain.
Basically I want to know if I am I being ripped off, (for choice of a better word) or is it correct that in Spain I should pay for adblue top ups, plus pay for a courtesy car whilst my vehicle is in for warranty work. Basically turning the courtesy car into a hire car.
I would assume that dealers within Europe have to abide by the same rules/guide lines set out and laid down by JLR UK
Thanks in advance
Syd
Good Morning SRE

Thank you for your post.

I am concerned to learn of your comments. However, for the relevant Customer Relations team for your geographical location to assist you further, may I request that you PM me the following details:

Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
Your Contact Details
The Retailer you have been in contact with.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#16 ·
I've just had feed back from JLR customer services in Spain.
Concerning your remarks about the "AdBlue" top ups required between scheduled services, we can confirm that these are not included in the Jaguar Care program, and therefore you have not been unduly charged for this service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.