Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Endless Problems

41K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  NEUK 
#1 ·
A year ago, I bought a fully loaded 3.0D S F-Pace (cost £63K) and it has caused me nothing but stress and anxiety, lost me lots of money and wasted my time.

Currently on its sixth visit to the Jaguar garage where it has been for the past three weeks. I have had major problems with the Incontrol Pro system (Constantly crashes, loses bluetooth connectivity, navigation fails to work, media fails to work and freezes,......etc) The system has had 3 different software updates yet continued to crash and malfunction regularly. The entire InControl Pro system was replaced by a jaguar engineer a couple weeks ago, yet the garage continue to encounter problems when testing the system.

I've had faults with the 360 Camera/sensors which fail intermittently and they have already replaced the driver door camera, problems with the air-conditioning system which can't maintain a set temp, problems with the keyless entry, steering wheel and seat settings and on and on and on.

I wrote an email to the managing director of Jaguar Land Rover (Mr. Hicks) only to be contacted by a person in the "executive team" who couldn't care less and was only calling me to tick a box.

When I tried to sell the car because I just could not deal with the malfunctions anymore, Jaguar offered me £40K, that's 37% depreciation in less than one year. I have never come across anything like this, I have owned and sold cars after three years of use for less value depreciation.

I have lots of videos and photo evidence of the faults with my F-Pace and will shortly post them on Youtube.

F-Pace - Stay clear and save yourself the headache, stress and money. :oops:

See less See more
#2 ·
Let me have your E mail address and I will forward the Auto Express feature to you.

#5 ·
Hi there,

I am surprised that I am still reading about problems with newly purchased Fpaces. I bought one around 9 months ago - 3.0D, lots of gadgets, around £63K and have done around 7200 miles. My main reason for taking so long to make a decision on a purchasing an Fpace (9 months) was because of the horrendous problems that I had read on these forums. I spoke with numerous salesmen from different JLR dealerships who reassured me that the problems I had read were few and far between. So I bit the bullet and bought the car.

So far, I am happy to say that I have not had any major problems at all. Sure there are some "weird" things which happen but nothing major at all. Some of the things I have noticed:

Air-con - sometimes I have noticed that after switching back from recirculation it tries to cool the air more than the target temperature is. Not major - I suspect something software related.

Reverse camera sensor block (I think that's what it's called) - sometimes this happens so that it doesn't bleep when a car is passing while I am reversing. I put this down to the car being a bit dirty.

Burning smell from rear driver wheel side - not sure what this is - sometimes happens. JLR looked at it and didn't see anything. Not major at this stage.

Anyway I just thought I would share in case there were other people considering buying an Fpace but thought owning one was all doom and gloom after reading these forums. I don't know how some people can have lots of issues with a car but others have none. Is there some issue with their production line? I don't get it!

T

#6 ·
#7 ·
I would totally concur!
I purchased my 3.0 SC V6 Petrol in October 2016 and have had nothing but problems, primarily with the InControl Touch Pro system, since my first week of ownership. These include:

CD Player sticking and freezing the whole system.
Screen going blank and making the whole system inoperable
Screen showing the view from the reversing camera when driving forwards (at 40mph)
Reversing camera not operating
Unable to use a connected telephone
Screen switching to night setting in daylight
Automatic headlights coming on during daylight (screen remaining on daylight setting)
Screen setting suddenly changing to very light setting.

During the 18 months, Stratstone have carried out software "upgrades" in November 2016, January 2017, October 2017, and March 2018. These include the latest (17C Phase 3.5). Each time I have been assured that the upgrade will "solve the problem". Each one has had some effect on the previous problem but introduced new ones!

I am afraid I have lost all confidence in both Jaguar and Stratstone and am now seriously considering disposal of the vehicle.
DO NOT BUY A JAGUAR F PACE!

#8 ·
Hydrajaws said:
Here is the link to the Auto Express Watchdog feature on my rejected F Pace that some of you have asked me for.https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4x1z0y64p3p7zs/Auto%20express%20article.pdf?dl=0
Interesting how they are now reporting issues with the Fpace, they were not bothered before when issues were reported to them.

Wonder what has changed for them to start to report one fault with the Fpace as there are countless issues with the Fpace and other JLR cars and every new car that comes out the JLR factory.

#10 ·
MRB said:
I must be amongst the lucky ones, I had one of the first cars. Yes a few screen glitches with the ICT system stability improved with each and every update, its now spot on. Very happy and I would recommend the car.
Or perhaps people like me and others have been unlucky, I owned a pre-launch car that sat on stands advertising the car before it was available to buy and also a first edition version and both had issues and some were the same issues on both cars yet others like you have had no issues.

This has been many discussions on here why one car has one fault and another does not.

Both my cars never had the driveline noise issues yet both were 3-litre cars whereas others have had nothing but issues.

It's really strange but to the ones who have no issues I am sure you're enjoying the car as it's a great drive, others like me who waited a long time to get one have had our experiences ruined by faults and the worst part the arrogance of Jaguar towards resolving the issues.

#12 ·
I am new to this forum and found it after searching online to see if there were others experiencing similar problems to what I've had with my 2017 F Pace's infotainment system and related electronics. My car is a little over 1 year old and has less than 10,000 miles on it. Within a few months of owning it, I started having problems with the voice command button not working properly on an intermittent basis. The first time that I took it back to the dealer, they kept the car for several days because they ordered a new button. I've had it back to the dealer at least 5 times now and opened a case with Jaguar corporate after about the 3rd return visit. I've had the button replaced a second time and multiple software updates. The problem still persists on an intermittent basis, but always seems to happen at inopportune times while I'm driving and am trying to use the voice control feature to input a GPS destination.

In addition to this persistent problem, I've also had problems with the backup camera locking up while I'm backing up -- giving me the illusion of safety, but once almost hitting a wall behind me. I've also had the GPS map screen lose its map, yet continue navigating with the voice.

I consider the lack of reliability of the voice command function a safety issue, especially since I almost rear-ended another vehicle while traveling on the highway, trying to enter an address so that I could find my way to my destination. I don't understand the issues with the infotainment system since this is pretty basic technology that has been around and working well in other cars for well over a decade.

I've heard that Jaguar has had a myriad of problems with this system and may offer to buy mine back. Since I love driving the F Pace, I'd probably try to buy another with the other infotainment system that Jag offers, assuming that it is more reliable.

I'd love to hear about other experiences with similar issues.

#13 ·
No problems. Great car. ICTP now updated to 3.5 and this seems very solid. Very happy customer 2600 miles into ownership. Minor glitches with phone based apps not connecting but overall I would strongly recommend the car. Great drive and perfect for what I need. It is a shame there were so many issues with 2016 and 2017 models as it has damaged the brand and consumer confidence and makes one very wary of being an early adopter...

#14 ·
Mine is working great since the last update to ICTP where I had 3.005.9 installed in April.

You don't say whether you have a ICTP or ICT.

The latest update for ICTP is 3.005.10 release this month , it may be worth putting it back in for yet another update if you have not done so recently After that update to the latest maps which is currently 154.
The speech recognition files and menus are contained in the map update software from here.com.

The reverse camera issue is plaguing all vehicles including the discovery sport and the D5 and the FPace its a common fault across many vehicles.As there is commonality across the Jaguar and Landrover vehicles.
On the landrover side a fix document has been released which related to the image processing module requiring a software update as per here
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=7810
As these systems are the same between Jaguar and Landrover I can only presume the same document must exist for Jaguar , normally titled JTB xxxxxx.
It might be worth asking your dealer to check for any image processing updates for your vehicle.

Best of luck getting fixes , the hardest part seems to be getting dealers to locate the correct fix then applying it.

#15 ·
This response is to CalMan's post of 21st June.

Do not despair! If you look through previous posts, you will find my original one dated 26th March. It has taken a further 3 months but I do believe the problems have now been solved! It has taken considerable pressure on the dealership and the Jaguar "Executive Office", plus involvement with a dealership visit from a Jaguar Technical Department Engineer. I believe the major problems were caused by one of the updates (I think 3.5). In the end they had to take the system back to the previous update, carry out one or two adjustments, and install a new unit and camera. This is a quite expensive operation, so JLR are naturally not keen to take this step - but it does work! KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!

I now seem to have the car I ordered and I love it!

Attachments

#16 ·
Ive had loads of issues with my f-pace, Ive lost all confidence in the car. Its been in for multiple electrical faults since Ive owned it and Ive formally rejected within the six month period. However jaguar are dismissing my rejection. What options do I have?

#17 ·
The 17MY early cars had lots is issues especially with ICTP and other related electronic gizmos My own 3.0D is an 18MY built June 17 and so far had been trouble free, it has the standard ICT display with poor traffic updates that aside its very good and I would happily recommend it to anyone who wants a 4x4 that is a fast quiet cruiser.

#18 ·
NEUK said:
Ive had loads of issues with my f-pace, Ive lost all confidence in the car. Its been in for multiple electrical faults since Ive owned it and Ive formally rejected within the six month period. However jaguar are dismissing my rejection. What options do I have?
Dear NEUK,

I am sorry to learn of your comments.

Please can you PM me your vehicle identification number, name, address and contact number. I would also require the approved retailer that you have attended and further details of your concerns.

Once I have received this information, I would be happy to investigate this further.

Thanks,

Becci

#19 ·
NEUK said:
Best advice is to use the search function on this site to look up others who have had or done similar to you, many others have had similar issues but sorted out the rejection in the end, you can then contact them directly for advice.

#21 ·
NEUK said:
Thank's Jagfpacejk and everyone else, I have also responded to CS@Jaguar
Your Welcome.

In my experience I found Jaguar Customer Service to be not very helpful at all but things may have changed.

They will try to wear you down but stick with it.

Good luck.

#22 ·
Apreciate the advice, they wont wear me down!

I started to keep a log of all my hours Im spending on this issues.

The retailor was supposed to get back to me today, the manufacturers were supposed to get back to me today and the jag finance were supposed to get back to me.

Nothing so for...

#23 ·
@CS@Jaguar & Becci (this is a PM I have sent to CS@Jaguar)

Your response on the forum was promising but not fruitful, I got a phone call on Thursday from the manufacturers, I was asked if I would take Jaguar to court and if the retailer had responded to my rejection. I explained that court action would be a last resort, and the retailer was supposed to respond by the following day. The lady said she would call back on Friday which did not happen.

Overall no value has been added.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.