Endless Problems

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Jascat74

Endless Problems

Post by Jascat74 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:51 pm

A year ago, I bought a fully loaded 3.0D S F-Pace (cost £63K) and it has caused me nothing but stress and anxiety, lost me lots of money and wasted my time.

Currently on its sixth visit to the Jaguar garage where it has been for the past three weeks. I have had major problems with the Incontrol Pro system (Constantly crashes, loses bluetooth connectivity, navigation fails to work, media fails to work and freezes,......etc) The system has had 3 different software updates yet continued to crash and malfunction regularly. The entire InControl Pro system was replaced by a jaguar engineer a couple weeks ago, yet the garage continue to encounter problems when testing the system.

I've had faults with the 360 Camera/sensors which fail intermittently and they have already replaced the driver door camera, problems with the air-conditioning system which can't maintain a set temp, problems with the keyless entry, steering wheel and seat settings and on and on and on.

I wrote an email to the managing director of Jaguar Land Rover (Mr. Hicks) only to be contacted by a person in the "executive team" who couldn't care less and was only calling me to tick a box.

When I tried to sell the car because I just could not deal with the malfunctions anymore, Jaguar offered me £40K, that's 37% depreciation in less than one year. I have never come across anything like this, I have owned and sold cars after three years of use for less value depreciation.

I have lots of videos and photo evidence of the faults with my F-Pace and will shortly post them on Youtube.

F-Pace - Stay clear and save yourself the headache, stress and money. :oops:

Hydrajaws

Re: Endless Problems

Post by Hydrajaws » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:11 pm

Let me have your E mail address and I will forward the Auto Express feature to you.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Welcome to the club, your not alone.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jascat74

Post by Jascat74 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:41 pm

Reading the various threads, I certainly am not alone. I only wish I read these threads before I ordered my F-Pace, I would have certainly spent my money elsewhere.

tonyhorse

Post by tonyhorse » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Hi there,

I am surprised that I am still reading about problems with newly purchased Fpaces. I bought one around 9 months ago - 3.0D, lots of gadgets, around £63K and have done around 7200 miles. My main reason for taking so long to make a decision on a purchasing an Fpace (9 months) was because of the horrendous problems that I had read on these forums. I spoke with numerous salesmen from different JLR dealerships who reassured me that the problems I had read were few and far between. So I bit the bullet and bought the car.

So far, I am happy to say that I have not had any major problems at all. Sure there are some "weird" things which happen but nothing major at all. Some of the things I have noticed:

Air-con - sometimes I have noticed that after switching back from recirculation it tries to cool the air more than the target temperature is. Not major - I suspect something software related.

Reverse camera sensor block (I think that's what it's called) - sometimes this happens so that it doesn't bleep when a car is passing while I am reversing. I put this down to the car being a bit dirty.

Burning smell from rear driver wheel side - not sure what this is - sometimes happens. JLR looked at it and didn't see anything. Not major at this stage.

Anyway I just thought I would share in case there were other people considering buying an Fpace but thought owning one was all doom and gloom after reading these forums. I don't know how some people can have lots of issues with a car but others have none. Is there some issue with their production line? I don't get it!

T

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Here is the link to the Auto Express Watchdog feature on my rejected F Pace that some of you have asked me for.https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4x1z0y64p3p7 ... e.pdf?dl=0
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

kgw

Post by kgw » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:11 pm

I would totally concur!
I purchased my 3.0 SC V6 Petrol in October 2016 and have had nothing but problems, primarily with the InControl Touch Pro system, since my first week of ownership. These include:

CD Player sticking and freezing the whole system.
Screen going blank and making the whole system inoperable
Screen showing the view from the reversing camera when driving forwards (at 40mph)
Reversing camera not operating
Unable to use a connected telephone
Screen switching to night setting in daylight
Automatic headlights coming on during daylight (screen remaining on daylight setting)
Screen setting suddenly changing to very light setting.

During the 18 months, Stratstone have carried out software "upgrades" in November 2016, January 2017, October 2017, and March 2018. These include the latest (17C Phase 3.5). Each time I have been assured that the upgrade will "solve the problem". Each one has had some effect on the previous problem but introduced new ones!

I am afraid I have lost all confidence in both Jaguar and Stratstone and am now seriously considering disposal of the vehicle.
DO NOT BUY A JAGUAR F PACE!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:35 pm

Hydrajaws wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 pm
Here is the link to the Auto Express Watchdog feature on my rejected F Pace that some of you have asked me for.https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4x1z0y64p3p7 ... e.pdf?dl=0
Interesting how they are now reporting issues with the Fpace, they were not bothered before when issues were reported to them.

Wonder what has changed for them to start to report one fault with the Fpace as there are countless issues with the Fpace and other JLR cars and every new car that comes out the JLR factory.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:24 am

I must be amongst the lucky ones, I had one of the first cars. Yes a few screen glitches with the ICT system stability improved with each and every update, its now spot on. Very happy and I would recommend the car.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:33 am

MRB wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:24 am
I must be amongst the lucky ones, I had one of the first cars. Yes a few screen glitches with the ICT system stability improved with each and every update, its now spot on. Very happy and I would recommend the car.
Or perhaps people like me and others have been unlucky, I owned a pre-launch car that sat on stands advertising the car before it was available to buy and also a first edition version and both had issues and some were the same issues on both cars yet others like you have had no issues.

This has been many discussions on here why one car has one fault and another does not.

Both my cars never had the driveline noise issues yet both were 3-litre cars whereas others have had nothing but issues.

It's really strange but to the ones who have no issues I am sure you're enjoying the car as it's a great drive, others like me who waited a long time to get one have had our experiences ruined by faults and the worst part the arrogance of Jaguar towards resolving the issues.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”