All Season Tyre choice

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jim

All Season Tyre choice

Post by Jim » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:12 pm

The Pirelli P Zero 255 55 R19 111W tyres are coming to the end of their life on my MY2017 F-Pace Portfollio.

I am looking for new tyres and want to buy All Season tyres to replace the current summer tyres.

Unfortunately the choice of all season tyres in 255 55 R19 111W is not huge and after looking for some time I have found these:

Vredestein Quatrac 5 255 55 R19 111W XL

Are these suitable for my car and are there any that JLR would recommend as equally or more suitable than these?

I would have preferred Michelin tyres, however I don't believe they do an all season tyre in my size!

Forum members please chime in if you have an experience of these (Vredestein) or other tyres.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Heatha05

Re: All Season Tyre choice

Post by Heatha05 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 pm

Have been very impressed with Goodyear Wranglers on both my F-pace and Freelander before that. Low road noise, stick like glue . Great in the recent snow. Recommended.
2.0 AWD Portfolio, BRG, Espresso interior. Adaptive dynamics, incontrol touch pro. Heated steering wheel, cupholder cover, privacy glass.

lozpace

Post by lozpace » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:10 pm

I’ve also got Goodyear Wranglers on my DS great tyre highly recommended, if they made the correct size to fit a F Pace I wouldn’t hesitate to fit them.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Heatha05

Post by Heatha05 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:59 am

https://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/bran ... gler-hp-aw

Available for F-pace 19” tyre size.
2.0 AWD Portfolio, BRG, Espresso interior. Adaptive dynamics, incontrol touch pro. Heated steering wheel, cupholder cover, privacy glass.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:05 am

I’ve gone with Pirelli P zero Scorpion All season.
Great grip and in 22 inch as well. More road noise than the P Zero summer which isn’t surprising but it’s not bad except on odd surfaces.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:47 am

Those Vredestein Quatrac 5 have both winter and summer sides to their treads, which as far as I'm aware makes them an innovative tyre design and means they have both M+S and snowflake markings too, unlike other all season tyres. Not bad prices either. It'd be very interesting to know how you get on with them if you decide to go with them Jim.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m147b0s8063p ... se%3A_72dB
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few other options

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:05 pm

I've been looking at the Michelin cross climate , summer tyres with the added bonus of the 3pmsf full winter tyre rating.
They seem to get good reviews and would save changing tyres and wheels twice a year. Just ordered for our second car to be fitted in Jan, so will see how these go.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Miche ... e-Plus.htm
Last edited by June16 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Also worth noting the following ; an M plus S rating won't be valid in Germany to count as a winter tyres. Maybe other countries will follow suit. .?

https://www.tyrepress.com/2017/07/germa ... quirement/
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Looking on the Michelin, Pirelli and Goodyear sites the Cross Climate (or any other of their tyres) isn't available for the Portfolio standard wheel size for any speed rating, the P Zero Scorpion All season is only available up to speed rating H (marginal) and the Wrangler in this size is only available up to V.

V rating should be sufficient but on Googling about speed ratings (which is the max speed that it is safe to use the tyre without heat issues) it is apparently not just a speed match but also a car handling and stability match as well. The general advice is that car owners should stick to the rating recommended and fitted by the manufacturer, hence my question aimed at JLR Customer Service.

Finding 255 55 R19 111W all season tyres is a bit like looking for rocking horse muck, almost any other dimensions and speed rating are available in many of the tyres, just not this exact combination.

Hence the question regarding if anyone has any experience of the Vredestein Quatrac 5, as I have never used their tyres before.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:03 pm

One error to my entry above, Michelin do offer a tyre in my size but the reviews are very mixed, Michelin Latitude Tour HP.

Many sites say it is an all weather tyre, others that it is a summer tyre, Michelin do not list it under all season tyres.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”