Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Folding Mirrors / Parking Camera

11K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  DPE 
#1 ·
Hi all, ok well my dad went a bought a jaguar F-Pace as a surprise to my mum for there 40 year wedding anniversary without consulting anyone. Thing is he didn't realise it didn't have folding mirrors or parking cameras. He has owned jaguars in the past and assumed they would be standard especially on a 60k car. Can any one help to see if we can now get anything fitted. Thing is my mums old car a 2014 Toyota RAV4 had folding mirrors and camera for half the price tag. Jaguar dealer said nothing can be done.

#2 ·
I must admit I thought all the cars had folding mirrors as mine does and it wasn't an extra option , as to parking although I have the surround camera system I also thought in the uk they all had sensors.

#4 ·
At present if it's not fitted there is no way of getting it fitted by an aftermarket fitter, the car is too new and any of the aftermarket fitters take some time to get these items sorted, like Audi you can go to many aftermarket people and get items fitted but it seems at present this is not yet setup with any for the Jaguar.

What model of Fpace did you mum get?

#6 ·
Hi guys thanks for your replies, yes it's a Uk car and was a demonstrator with 900miles on the clock so it's was very well speced. Just can't belive they wouldn't put these things on. I have seen that company that does the camera and they also come to you to fit which is good.

#7 ·
It's such a pain in the arse about the mirrors as living in London there are some tight spaces and width restrictions to get through so folding the mirrors is quite essential. They car has front and rear parking sensors but the camera is a nice option to have.

#8 ·
Milinou said:
Hi guys thanks for your replies, yes it's a Uk car and was a demonstrator with 900miles on the clock so it's was very well speced. Just can't belive they wouldn't put these things on. I have seen that company that does the camera and they also come to you to fit which is good.
Which model Fpace have you got?

#10 ·
It's got a huge spec including heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, electric pan roof, big screens the list is endless. why would a dealer not add folding mirrors at least, ok camera is a expensive option but mirrors come on that's being cheap.

#11 ·
Good morning Milinou,

Thank you for your message and also your patience. Please accept my apologies for the delay in response, I can assure you that no discourtesy was intended.

With regards to your vehicle, Jaguar as a manufacturer would not recommend that the vehicle is taken away from the original manufacturers specification. Should a concern arise as a direct result of the change in specification, this could potentially void the warranty.

Due to this I am unfortunately unable to provide further guidance on the matter.

Thanks,

Amellia

#12 ·
It is what it is. Now a case of can you add on an option? If not, then can you purchase the required parts and get a Jaguar Body Shop to do the work ?
If not then you may want to brooker a trade in deal on a different F Pace.

#14 ·
Was that when I had the 2.0d ? On the 3.0dS all is OK.
On the 2.0d I expected to have the dipping mirror, but did not get it as I did not have memory seats !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.