Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Seeking to reject

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  F-Pace S 
#1 ·
Another Horror story...

Collected our f pace on 4th April, up to now, the following has occurred.

ICTP

Reverse sensors going off for no reason
Bluetooth drops connection with my phone
Screen wildly flickering

Body

MOST panels out of alignment
2 x door seals crumpled

All faults reported to Jaguar within 4 weeks.

Dealer tried to realign panels but was not able to. 3 week wait for bodyshop booking.

Bodyshop then had the car for 4 WEEKS.

Collected it last Friday, tailgate is still way off...its sits below the rear panel on one side and above on the other! The passenger side rear door is just about touching the next panel.

Jaguar finance are arranging an independent inspection.

It honestly looks like its been thrown together in 5 minutes on a Friday afternoon.

Im appalled at the quality of build... I would no expect this on £15k car let alone a £50k car.

Not sure if i want to risk a replacement....

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear your cars not right, sounds as though you have the same faults I had and guess what? Yeap they couldn't fix mine either can't believe there still spewing duff cars out the factory
Do yourself a favour and save yourself a LOT of bother ,HAND IT BACK NOW
Jaguar will treat you like an idiot the longer you leave it and the deeper hole you will get into
Pictures are AFTER it's been fixed lol

Attachments

#4 ·
Alas, our F-pace has been rejected due to the misaligned panel problem. Finance company have paid us back our repayments in full.

An independent inspection deemed that there were faults that could not be rectified.

I have since seen several other with the tailgate issue that ours had. Im really not sure I can go ahead with the stress of another one, so am today going to look at other options.

Such a shame...great looking car that drives so well, but let down by the very poor workmanship and even more so by the extremely poor service that we had received from the dealer.

Back to the drawing board...

#5 ·
northernmonkey said:
Alas, our F-pace has been rejected due to the misaligned panel problem. Finance company have paid us back our repayments in full.

An independent inspection deemed that there were faults that could not be rectified.

I have since seen several other with the tailgate issue that ours had. Im really not sure I can go ahead with the stress of another one, so am today going to look at other options.

Such a shame...great looking car that drives so well, but let down by the very poor workmanship and even more so by the extremely poor service that we had received from the dealer.

Back to the drawing board...
Sorry to hear this but not surprised, I agree it's a great car that's let down by JLR poor build quality, it seems mass producing the cars has come with a large amount of panel issues, I have had two and both have had to have panels aligned.

#6 ·
Sorry to hear of your issues, that top of the door pic is unforgivable!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.