Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Mines a Lemon I swear!

12K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Jagfpacejk 
#1 ·
Picked up my beautiful S May 6, 2017. 22' tires, the whole shabang. Its been in the shop FIVE times since then. My front passenger window rattles on any uneven pavement and from cars next to me with loud bass. Service dept (which has been wonderful and professional) has replaced every thing known to them thats replaceable and even added a tether in the door to stop the rattle. Now they want to replace the entire door panel, which ok, might fix it for good, at least I hope since I live 1.5 hrs from the dealership and all these drop off and pick ups are frustrating when they say everythings fixed and nothing is.... Next issue is the whistling sound from the top of the drivers window at high-speed. All seals ect have been replaced. There is nothing left to replace, to tweak, to tighten, or to reglue. They have exhausted all ideas. And yet the whistle is still giving me a headache. Service personnel all agree both noises are unacceptable. But they just want me to keep bringing it back, tell me its fixed, and minutes later I am back again so they can order more parts and have me bring it back in a few days. I am over it. It is obvious that they cannot fix it, and I am actually wondering if the whole vehicle isnt off kilter enough to cause these vibrations. Then the trunk started making a loud bang when sliding close.... then the side moulding started coming loose... and now I notice one side of the hood doesnt fit seamlessly into the 2 connecting parts like it does on the other side.... Seriously I just want the dealership to replace it. I love my fpace.... I just hate the headache all the vibrations give me when I drive it. I am so over all this and bummed about not being able to enjoy this suv!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey Ole Irish

Sorry to hear all that ... are you absolutely sure it's a rattling passenger window? They only reason I ask is I thought I had exactly the same thing but after lots of searching for the problem they actually found it was a wiring loom running down the B Pillar. Apparently they aren't secured correctly which can cause them to rattle against the inside of the pillar. My dealer fixed them on both sides by isolating them and strapping them tight.

As for the bonnet alignment issues I am afraid that's well documented and still seems to elude Jaguar. Some are better than others. I had two that were out.

#3 ·
Interesting - my wife's Car has a passenger door rattle that the dealer was unable to fix - it's going back in for other stuff so they will look at it again, but they say they are still Waiting on jag response wrt a fix.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear your issues but i am afraid like has been mentioned your not alone with issues.

Fingers crossed your get some sort on resolve.

To let you know my first Fpace spent more time at the dealer then with me, the second one has been in at least six times in less then 6 months for issues and fixes, frustrating as it is i do not see this stopping anytime soon as not all issues are resolved.

#5 ·
Not another one, sorry to here of your woes Ole Irish, the B pillar could well be your answer to the rattle though. For all my FP's faults, rattling wasn't an issue I had, although the air getting through at the top of the windscreen was, not more air noise than whistling on mine.

Good luck getting it sorted.

#6 ·
Thanks to all....
JLR.. if I press the passenger window on the bottom right area (where the little jaguar writing is), the noise stops. Thats why service and I have assumed it was the mounting brackets or such in the door panel that was causing it.
I will mention the B Pillar situation when I drop it off....
Personally, I just want to swap it out and start over with a new one but my dealership has already mentioned jumping thru all the hoops with phone calls and forms and it all is a lengthy process. I certainly don't feel like a valued client, more like the dummy they expect to keep being inconvenienced. I'm really trying not to lose my patience with them and be the red headed lady screaming in the showroom during their busy hours....

#8 ·
Ole Irish said:
Thanks to all....
JLR.. if I press the passenger window on the bottom right area (where the little jaguar writing is), the noise stops. Thats why service and I have assumed it was the mounting brackets or such in the door panel that was causing it.
I will mention the B Pillar situation when I drop it off....
Personally, I just want to swap it out and start over with a new one but my dealership has already mentioned jumping thru all the hoops with phone calls and forms and it all is a lengthy process. I certainly don't feel like a valued client, more like the dummy they expect to keep being inconvenienced. I'm really trying not to lose my patience with them and be the red headed lady screaming in the showroom during their busy hours....
Many have rejected on here who can offer you advice, some have rejected there replacement vehicles so have double knowledge. the dealer will say its a pain as they do not want the car back but if your not happy and you pay your money then reject the car.

If you need help just ask on here and your get plenty of assistance from people who have.

#9 ·
The build quality on these cars are shockingly bad in my opinion, recently talked a friend of mine out of buying one and he has just taken delivery of an X5, far superior vehicle and second to none build quality.

On paper, JLR have a fantastic design and product, but in the real world...just not good enough.

Ole Irish, I feel for you mate.

I have had my car 3.5 months, and even my lease company have asked if I would consider changing the FP for another vehicle as it's a company car!

#10 ·
WelshJag said:
The build quality on these cars are shockingly bad in my opinion, recently talked a friend of mine out of buying one and he has just taken delivery of an X5, far superior vehicle and second to none build quality.
Whilst I have sympathy for the Thread starter here, I would take issue with the comment above re the X5. Before purchasing my F-Pace I drove all the competition including the X5 which I had a bias in favour of (prior to testing) having enjoyed the last 3 cars I drove, all BMW. However, on looks, handling, suspension, and engine I found the BMW lacking versus the Jag. I suspect the 'second to none', quality claim would be a hard one to prove as well - are you literally saying that BMW stands above all other manufacturers?
I'd be very interested to see whether you can find a car journalist comparison review which places a BMW 4x4 (X4 or X5) above the F-Pace. It might be out there, but I haven't seen it.

#11 ·
Omg i want the phone number for Andrew Kuhs at the Georgia Regional Office and NOONE will give it to me... and he is the one "handling" my case... basically corporate is giving me the run around... screaming fit at dealership will be videoed... I feel bad tho, Derek and my dealership have been most helpful!!!

#12 ·
Matteus F-Pace said:
WelshJag said:
Whilst I have sympathy for the Thread starter here, I would take issue with the comment above re the X5. Before purchasing my F-Pace I drove all the competition including the X5 which I had a bias in favour of (prior to testing) having enjoyed the last 3 cars I drove, all BMW. However, on looks, handling, suspension, and engine I found the BMW lacking versus the Jag. I suspect the 'second to none', quality claim would be a hard one to prove as well - are you literally saying that BMW stands above all other manufacturers?
I'd be very interested to see whether you can find a car journalist comparison review which places a BMW 4x4 (X4 or X5) above the F-Pace. It might be out there, but I haven't seen it.
The Sunday Times published a review in April ripping the F Pace apart, could not find the link
The F Pace is a better car than he BMW but there are far too many defective cars being sold, also service and customer care is a joke

#13 ·
Deltasierra said:
Matteus F-Pace said:
WelshJag said:
The Sunday Times published a review in April ripping the F Pace apart, could not find the link
The F Pace is a better car than he BMW but there are far too many defective cars being sold, also service and customer care is a joke
Indeed they did, but as you can see, this related to the 2.0l diesel engine:
https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/2017-jaguar-f-pace-review/
Also noteable that the car was a bit under-spec'd

They also reviewed the 3l diesel, with a rather different conclusion!
https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-dom-joly-review-2016-jaguar-f-pace-suv/

My comparison was against the 3 litre petrol, which was the car I ultimately bought.

#14 ·
The 3 liter S has had its problems too but at least it has got a half decent engine and is rewarding to drive. The 2 liter engine would probably be OK in a third world truck but not in a premium SUV they costs £40k plus. Jaguars response:- they are all like that, the vibration is characteristic, no problem exists so clear off, believe it or not that is exactly their attitude.

#15 ·
Matteus F-Pace said:
Deltasierra said:
Indeed they did, but as you can see, this related to the 2.0l diesel engine:
https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/2017-jaguar-f-pace-review/
Also noteable that the car was a bit under-spec'd

They also reviewed the 3l diesel, with a rather different conclusion!
https://www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-dom-joly-review-2016-jaguar-f-pace-suv/

My comparison was against the 3 litre petrol, which was the car I ultimately bought.
The comparison would have been more valid if the same reviewer reviewed both cars as one persons view can differ widely from another.

#16 ·
Having driven both 2 litre and 3litre I agree with both reviews there is a massive difference, not just performance, the driving quality of the V6 is what you expect from a Jaguar, the 2 litre is not.

#17 ·
Try driving a 25T. I've had four six cylinder Jags previously and they've been brilliant, but the four cylinder Ingenium engine in turbocharged petrol firm is very good indeed. So quiet when cruising that you can't tell how many cylinders it has and has a sound of its own when you put your foot down. I see they're launching a 300 bhp version now, unthinkable a few years ago. The truth is that these cars have got more performance than you can ever use practically on the road and the four cylinder engines are certainly better on fuel. Can't agree in any way with your comment that this car doesn't reflect true Jaguar, having driven nearly 400,000 miles in them in 15 years. It certainly does.

#18 ·
I've got the vibration! It comes in a 72MPH (don't know what revs) and sends a tingle through the steering wheel. My car is such a disappointment. The engine is so noisy at idle. I had a Discovery Sport 2 as a loan car and it was totally different in terms of noise. Another thing that bugs me is when on a rippled road surface there is a booming develops that actually hurt my ears. I agree with most of the points in the Sunday Times revue. On a recent road trip mainly on motorways the best average it showed was 42 MPG. I could easily get better than that with my old 2.7D XF. I seems that Jaguar has taken 'bean counting' to a new level. Everything seems to be the cheapest possible especially the plastic trim. And what's the shut line (and it's such a big shut line) doing four inches into the bonnet. How much extra if anything would it have cost to continue the bonnet all the way to the grille ala old XF.

Art

#19 ·
The shortening of the bonnet was to make repairs cheaper, by not having the expensive to repair alloy bonnet run to the very front of the car, and additionally improving the crash absorption properties for car and pedestrian impacts!
So I was informed anyway!!

Regards JC.

#20 ·
I think the short bonnet/radiator cowling look is good.

Had a Subaru with an aluminium bonnet years ago and the leading edge was constantly being dimpled by any stones thrown up.

Now Jaguar need to get in to see Mazda to find out how to do consistent panel gaps with this bonnet set up!

#21 ·
Jags cat said:
The shortening of the bonnet was to make repairs cheaper, by not having the expensive to repair alloy bonnet run to the very front of the car, and additionally improving the crash absorption properties for car and pedestrian impacts!
So I was informed anyway!!

Regards JC.
Not sure where they got that information from as any impact with any degree on speed will damage a plastic bumper and hit the bonnet without any issues, plastic bumpers have very little impact protection, it may be easier to repair for little bumper to bumper knocks but at that speed it would not have damaged the bumper regardless of length.

I think it's more down to costs, cheaper to manufacture a plastic bumper then a longer aluminium bonnet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.