Rear Climate Control Issue

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
corriescar66

Re: Rear Climate Control Issue

Post by corriescar66 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:20 pm
Well, another day and no call so I called and got through to hear some excuse and apologise yet again as to why my case manager had not replied or called back as promised.

Anyway, they are now blaming Harwoods for the delay claiming they have not raised a Techincal Bulletin and despite Harwoods telling me they have there is nothing on Jaguar system so she claims.

Really so 5 weeks ago when you took over this case and I mentioned the time wait etc did you not say this when this was put to my case manager it went silent.

So it would appear Jaguar are using delay tactics for my issue and they are claiming it needs to go back to Harwoods for them to raise the Technical Bulletin that Jaguar claim has not been done.

Really so do I believe Jaguar, not on your nelly, Harwoods have been nothing but great in this issue and have chased them also, if there was no bulletin it would have been mentioned 5 weeks ago when it was escalated to my case manager, unless my case manager is useless of course, I delay while I ponder that one.

Anyway given Jaguar 24 hours notice that if I do not get a suitable answer to why the system does not work as described and how they are going to resolve the issue that I am going to raise the issue through a third party complaints team and get them to deal with this issue.

Namely here,

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/ja ... ct-details

So others awaiting to hear if and how my issue will be resolved so you can get your car looked at, you may have to wait a little longer as the brown stuff is starting to smell from Jaguar again.
I wouldn't necessarily believe Harwoods........ I have personal experience of a dealer repeatedly saying they had raised a Technical Query, when in fact they had not, despite the JLR (Land Rover - but it is in reality just a different light on the phone on their desk!) CS person asking them several times to do so.

Also, if a dealer raises a TQ then closes it when they have had your car in and been unable to do anything, the TQ disappears from the system for some reason - they only see 'live' ones. The dealer then needs to raise it again......

Strange system, but there you go. I spent so long dealing with customer services that the CS person in question became a personal friend and spilt a lot of internal, juicy info!

It may be a bit of both...... Not that this really helps your problem :(
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:42 pm
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:20 pm
Well, another day and no call so I called and got through to hear some excuse and apologise yet again as to why my case manager had not replied or called back as promised.

Anyway, they are now blaming Harwoods for the delay claiming they have not raised a Techincal Bulletin and despite Harwoods telling me they have there is nothing on Jaguar system so she claims.

Really so 5 weeks ago when you took over this case and I mentioned the time wait etc did you not say this when this was put to my case manager it went silent.

So it would appear Jaguar are using delay tactics for my issue and they are claiming it needs to go back to Harwoods for them to raise the Technical Bulletin that Jaguar claim has not been done.

Really so do I believe Jaguar, not on your nelly, Harwoods have been nothing but great in this issue and have chased them also, if there was no bulletin it would have been mentioned 5 weeks ago when it was escalated to my case manager, unless my case manager is useless of course, I delay while I ponder that one.

Anyway given Jaguar 24 hours notice that if I do not get a suitable answer to why the system does not work as described and how they are going to resolve the issue that I am going to raise the issue through a third party complaints team and get them to deal with this issue.

Namely here,

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/ja ... ct-details

So others awaiting to hear if and how my issue will be resolved so you can get your car looked at, you may have to wait a little longer as the brown stuff is starting to smell from Jaguar again.
I wouldn't necessarily believe Harwoods........ I have personal experience of a dealer repeatedly saying they had raised a Technical Query, when in fact they had not, despite the JLR (Land Rover - but it is in reality just a different light on the phone on their desk!) CS person asking them several times to do so.

Also, if a dealer raises a TQ then closes it when they have had your car in and been unable to do anything, the TQ disappears from the system for some reason - they only see 'live' ones. The dealer then needs to raise it again......

Strange system, but there you go. I spent so long dealing with customer services that the CS person in question became a personal friend and spilt a lot of internal, juicy info!

It may be a bit of both...... Not that this really helps your problem :(
Still does not get away from the fact that Jaguar appointed a case manager 5 weeks ago so why was it not raised 5 weeks ago.

The car is great just Jaguar is really bad at customer service and dealing with cars that are faulty.

As for spilling the beans, my customer service manager says they are so busy with rejected cars and issues with cars that they can not cope with it all.

Does not get away from when you say your call back you should even if the answwer is I have no news, do not promise mulitple times to call back and then don't.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

afriguy

Post by afriguy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 am

I have now been told that the Rear climate does not have its own Fan motor and thats how it is???? absolute garbage from JLR

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:57 am

I get the impression that they're swamped....

Biggest model range, more cars sold, more going wrong, but have they increased the size of the customer service department?

Doesn't sound like it, does it?
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 pm

afriguy wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:09 am
I have now been told that the Rear climate does not have its own Fan motor and thats how it is???? absolute garbage from JLR
Who told you this?
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

afriguy

Post by afriguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 am

Harwoods dealership and Lancaster Dealership...

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm

afriguy wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 am
Sorry but Harwoods at Hove were shown a schematic diagram of the system and agree it has a rear blower, think the Harwoods dealer and Lancaster dealers are talking rubbish.

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm
afriguy wrote:
Sorry but Harwoods at Hove were shown a schematic diagram of the system and agree it has a rear blower, think the Harwoods dealer and Lancaster dealers are talking rubbish.

If it didn't have a rear blower, wouldn't there be some kind of trading standards issue over calling it '4-zone climate'? It can't be separate zoned climate control if each zone doesn't operate independently.
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:40 pm

Wookiee wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:57 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:23 pm
afriguy wrote:

If it didn't have a rear blower, wouldn't there be some kind of trading standards issue over calling it '4-zone climate'? It can't be separate zoned climate control if each zone doesn't operate independently.
Exactly my friend, they call it four zones but it is in fact 2 zone which is controlled at the front or back and not independently like it is supposed to.

AndySFPace

Post by AndySFPace » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:26 am

Extract from 4 zone climate control manual, detailing all motors.
Attachments

climate.JPG

Delivered 10th March - 3.0 LITRE V6 380PS - Black - Black Pack - Blade 20" 5 Spoke - InControl Touch Pro

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”