Rear Climate Control Issue

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
klho001

Re: Rear Climate Control Issue

Post by klho001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Pm you, thanks with my email. Or you could attach it here?
2017 Debadged 35t R Sport, 20" Blades, ICTP, Custom rear valence gloss black

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 pm

I have attached the Pdf here.

4 Zone climate controls systems.pdf
(684.28 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

klho001

Post by klho001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks!
Does it explicitly state the front and rear should be independently controlled? I see on page 9 it states increase/decrease front blower speed, and then page 11 for the auxiliary (rear) blower speed. Is this it?
I'm just wondering if it's a poor design or something's really faulty...

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:00 am

klho001 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:05 am
Thanks!
Does it explicitly state the front and rear should be independently controlled? I see on page 9 it states increase/decrease front blower speed, and then page 11 for the auxiliary (rear) blower speed. Is this it?
I'm just wondering if it's a poor design or something's really faulty...
Exactly, it states front blower control and shows the front button and then the rear control is states rear Auxiliary blower control, if it controlled both it would not stat front blower or auxiliary blower control it was just state blower control, then when you look at the images it shows you the location of each blower, it is totally strange to think Jaguar would offer this upgrade and think that when someone in the rear wants more blower control regardless of the front passengers or vice versa you would adjust the whole system.

The system has eight motors, two for each position that control where the air is directed this is controlled by four control modules, to me it looks like there is a issue that the system is telling all eight motors to open when either the front or rear controls are adjusted when it should only be four.

Yes its more of an annoying thing then anything else but when you pay for this upgrade at present all you can adjust in each position is the temperature coming out and nothing else so its an expensive upgrade for just that feature and not how the system is designed to work.

Awaiting a reply to Harwoods from Jaguar technical about this issue but they appear to not be quick in replying, perhaps trying to work out what is wrong or how they can get round the issue.

If anyone gets any luck with sorting the issues please let us all know, it may not be an upgrade that many have but it's still should work as designed.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

klho001

Post by klho001 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 am

I'm bringing in my car Thurs for another issue and plan on bringing this up. But it;s a non standard option in Singapore so you can imagine the local dealer knowing nuts about it

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:18 pm

It's not a standard option in the UK either, from what I am told not many buyers choose this option so it's few and far between in the UK also.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:36 am

OK an update for others who have contacted me with the same issues, as yet we are still awaiting Jaguar Technical to reply to how the issue can be resolved, they informed me that it was not correct but seem to have disappeared again when the dealer asked them how to correct the issue.

The dealer is going to keep on them but its getting on for nearly a month now.

klho001

Post by klho001 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:15 pm

I've got my dealer in Singapore looking into this as well. Took me a while to explain to them what my query was but now they finally understand and even they think it's odd.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:52 pm

klho001 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:15 pm
I've got my dealer in Singapore looking into this as well. Took me a while to explain to them what my query was but now they finally understand and even they think it's odd.
It's odd for sure.

ckkcmx5

Post by ckkcmx5 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:21 pm

I have the same issue and I'm from Hong Kong. I wonder if anyone with the 4-zone Climate Control could operate correctly?

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”