Rear Climate Control Issue

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Jagfpacejk

Rear Climate Control Issue

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Dear Jaguar,

I have the four zone climate control and appear to have an issue,

I can not adjust the rear blower speed alone without it adjusting the front blower speed at the same time, this would mean i do not have four zone climate control but only have four zone temperature adjustment but not blower speed.

Can you please confirm how i can adjust the rear blower speed alone as stated below,

From the manual,

The Rear climate can be set with the controls located in the rear centre console.

Temperature controls: Rotate to adjust the temperature (16°C - 28°C). The temperature is displayed on the touch screen (REAR CLIMATE screen) and on the rear climate controls panel.

Blower speed: Rotate to the adjust the blower's speed.

AUTO control: Press to switch automatic operation on.

Rear booster blower: Press to switch on or off.

Seat temperature controls: Press the red arrow to increase and the blue arrow to decrease the temperature.

Climatic seat zone controls: Press to select full seat, cushion only or back only ventilation.

Air distribution to the feet: Press to switch on or off.

Air distribution to the face: Press to switch on or off.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jagfpacejk

Re: Rear Climate Control Issue

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon May 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Had a response from Jaguar who inform me that this is not how it is supposed to work and to book it into a dealer to be looked at.

Will keep you posted.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:31 pm

OK was meant to go into Harwoods to be looked at but got a call saying they know what the issue is and ordered the parts but they have not arrived so delayed till next week, said it had a recall on Topix which is interesting as there is nothing, makes me wonder if they overbooked and bumped me back but i will never know. :o

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:32 pm

OK update on my car, it has been at Harwoods for 48 hours and no fix, they have contacted Jaguar Tech for how to deal with the issue, Harwoods tried to say its how the system is designed to work but once i explained to them i had been in conversation with Jaguar directly and had the technical bulletin of how the system is designed to work they said they would look into it more, car is back with no fix but a worry when a dealer is saying there is no fault and Jaguar Technical have already said it does not work correctly.

afriguy

Post by afriguy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm

i have the same problem,JLR have no idea...Frustrated beyond

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:51 pm

afriguy wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 pm
i have the same problem,JLR have no idea...Frustrated beyond
Jaguar have confirmed its faulty, its been to Harwoods and they are awaiting Jaguar Technical to come back to how they get it to work as designed.

klho001

Post by klho001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:19 am

I'm from SG and mine works exactly the same way. I'm over at the US forum and no one can adjust the front and rear blower speeds independent of each other. We kind of just assumed Jaguar's system is such (which sucks).
2017 Debadged 35t R Sport, 20" Blades, ICTP, Custom rear valence gloss black

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:01 am

klho001 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:19 am
I'm from SG and mine works exactly the same way. I'm over at the US forum and no one can adjust the front and rear blower speeds independent of each other. We kind of just assumed Jaguar's system is such (which sucks).
If it is then it's wrong, I have the bulletin on the system and it states the rear is a rear blower control

klho001

Post by klho001 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 am

Can you share the bulletin?
2017 Debadged 35t R Sport, 20" Blades, ICTP, Custom rear valence gloss black

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:02 pm

klho001 wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:30 am
Can you share the bulletin?
Of course, pm me if you want me to send it to you and anyone else.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”