Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Rear Climate Control Issue

27K views 53 replies 11 participants last post by  Jagfpacejk 
#1 ·
Dear Jaguar,

I have the four zone climate control and appear to have an issue,

I can not adjust the rear blower speed alone without it adjusting the front blower speed at the same time, this would mean i do not have four zone climate control but only have four zone temperature adjustment but not blower speed.

Can you please confirm how i can adjust the rear blower speed alone as stated below,

From the manual,

The Rear climate can be set with the controls located in the rear centre console.

Temperature controls: Rotate to adjust the temperature (16°C - 28°C). The temperature is displayed on the touch screen (REAR CLIMATE screen) and on the rear climate controls panel.

Blower speed: Rotate to the adjust the blower's speed.

AUTO control: Press to switch automatic operation on.

Rear booster blower: Press to switch on or off.

Seat temperature controls: Press the red arrow to increase and the blue arrow to decrease the temperature.

Climatic seat zone controls: Press to select full seat, cushion only or back only ventilation.

Air distribution to the feet: Press to switch on or off.

Air distribution to the face: Press to switch on or off.

See less See more
#3 ·
OK was meant to go into Harwoods to be looked at but got a call saying they know what the issue is and ordered the parts but they have not arrived so delayed till next week, said it had a recall on Topix which is interesting as there is nothing, makes me wonder if they overbooked and bumped me back but i will never know. :eek:

#4 ·
OK update on my car, it has been at Harwoods for 48 hours and no fix, they have contacted Jaguar Tech for how to deal with the issue, Harwoods tried to say its how the system is designed to work but once i explained to them i had been in conversation with Jaguar directly and had the technical bulletin of how the system is designed to work they said they would look into it more, car is back with no fix but a worry when a dealer is saying there is no fault and Jaguar Technical have already said it does not work correctly.

#6 ·
afriguy said:
i have the same problem,JLR have no idea...Frustrated beyond
Jaguar have confirmed its faulty, its been to Harwoods and they are awaiting Jaguar Technical to come back to how they get it to work as designed.

#7 ·
I'm from SG and mine works exactly the same way. I'm over at the US forum and no one can adjust the front and rear blower speeds independent of each other. We kind of just assumed Jaguar's system is such (which sucks).

#8 ·
klho001 said:
I'm from SG and mine works exactly the same way. I'm over at the US forum and no one can adjust the front and rear blower speeds independent of each other. We kind of just assumed Jaguar's system is such (which sucks).
If it is then it's wrong, I have the bulletin on the system and it states the rear is a rear blower control

#13 ·
Thanks!
Does it explicitly state the front and rear should be independently controlled? I see on page 9 it states increase/decrease front blower speed, and then page 11 for the auxiliary (rear) blower speed. Is this it?
I'm just wondering if it's a poor design or something's really faulty...

#14 ·
klho001 said:
Thanks!
Does it explicitly state the front and rear should be independently controlled? I see on page 9 it states increase/decrease front blower speed, and then page 11 for the auxiliary (rear) blower speed. Is this it?
I'm just wondering if it's a poor design or something's really faulty...
Exactly, it states front blower control and shows the front button and then the rear control is states rear Auxiliary blower control, if it controlled both it would not stat front blower or auxiliary blower control it was just state blower control, then when you look at the images it shows you the location of each blower, it is totally strange to think Jaguar would offer this upgrade and think that when someone in the rear wants more blower control regardless of the front passengers or vice versa you would adjust the whole system.

The system has eight motors, two for each position that control where the air is directed this is controlled by four control modules, to me it looks like there is a issue that the system is telling all eight motors to open when either the front or rear controls are adjusted when it should only be four.

Yes its more of an annoying thing then anything else but when you pay for this upgrade at present all you can adjust in each position is the temperature coming out and nothing else so its an expensive upgrade for just that feature and not how the system is designed to work.

Awaiting a reply to Harwoods from Jaguar technical about this issue but they appear to not be quick in replying, perhaps trying to work out what is wrong or how they can get round the issue.

If anyone gets any luck with sorting the issues please let us all know, it may not be an upgrade that many have but it's still should work as designed.

#17 ·
OK an update for others who have contacted me with the same issues, as yet we are still awaiting Jaguar Technical to reply to how the issue can be resolved, they informed me that it was not correct but seem to have disappeared again when the dealer asked them how to correct the issue.

The dealer is going to keep on them but its getting on for nearly a month now.

#24 ·
Jim said:
As the 4 zone climate control is an optional extra have you tried asking for a fix within a reasonable time or the cost of the option to be refunded as it doesn't work?
No not yet, giving them the chance to resolve the issue.

#25 ·
Ok an update, promised by my case manager that they would resolve in time for when my car went to the dealer last Wednesday and promised a call, no call and no call to my dealer, so called case manager on Friday to be told she would call me back, no call, so again called today to be told 100 percent she will call you and you guessed it, no call, so even when the issue is raised to a case manger even they do not call you back.

This is such bad service from Jaguar and their staff, if your issue has been given to a case manager you would expect over three weeks , three promises of calls and a promise they would speak to the dealer that they would do something.

Shame on you Jaguar.

#26 ·
Also going on 6 weeks my SM told me no response from UK. This has "How the he!! did this happen, what do we tell our customers so we dont shoot ourselves in the foot" written all over it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.