Rear Boot Door And Front Tyres Jumping

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
corriescar66

Re: Rear Boot Door And Front Tyres Jumping

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 am

FpaceBurnham wrote:Hello!

We are also experiencing severe tyre skipping - the car has been in the garage for many weeks and now they have told us this is "design intention" and it is meant to do that.

So, it interesting yours appears to have been fixed.

It would be great if you could let me know what the dealer did - or the name of the dealer so that I can pass this on to Customer Services over here.

Also what tyres do you have - the dealer have said they have only seen this on the 19" wheels so far?

Thanks!
I think they'd prefer it didn't do it.... It may be as a result of a 'design intention' for the steering overall.

Since the temps are well above 5 deg, mine has stopped doing it for the moment...
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

DPE

Post by DPE » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:22 pm

FpaceBurnham wrote:Hello!

We are also experiencing severe tyre skipping - the car has been in the garage for many weeks and now they have told us this is "design intention" and it is meant to do that.

So, it interesting yours appears to have been fixed.

It would be great if you could let me know what the dealer did - or the name of the dealer so that I can pass this on to Customer Services over here.

Also what tyres do you have - the dealer have said they have only seen this on the 19" wheels so far?

Thanks!
I have 19" wheels with Perreli P-Zero tyres. The temp today was 7c and No tyre Skipping on full lock forward or Reverse
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:21 pm

I defiantly only get it when ALL these are happening :-

[*] It's below 5deg
[*] The wheels are cold
[*] It's within the first 100m from moving from cold.
[*] On a hard-ish Lock Left/Right
[*] On a slightly aggressive right foot. (more than gentle).

Only when all of those align I get the effect. However since it's been over 5degs for the past 2-3 weekends, not had it once.
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:43 pm

Gdank wrote:I defiantly only get it when ALL these are happening :-

[*] It's below 5deg
[*] The wheels are cold
[*] It's within the first 100m from moving from cold.
[*] On a hard-ish Lock Left/Right
[*] On a slightly aggressive right foot. (more than gentle).

Only when all of those align I get the effect. However since it's been over 5degs for the past 2-3 weekends, not had it once.
+1 though didn't have to be aggressive with right foot....

Oh yes, and the moon and stars had to align too....
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Why so obstinate Gdank? :lol:
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jacksoag

Post by Jacksoag » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:09 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Why so obstinate Gdank? :lol:
Definitely obstinate I would say ;) :roll:

DPE

Post by DPE » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:28 pm

It is not always depending on the temp. I took delivery of my F Pace last week of September and temp then was in the area of 12-16 c. The tyre jumping was happening then. I think it is to do with the set up of the turning radius of the inner wheel. After the car been away for 3 days and adjusted I cannot get the same tyre jumping..... yet....
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:54 pm

I drove a car last week that had 20 inch wheels and there is zero tyre skip, drove another car with the same 22 inch wheels as mine and same tyres and you had tyre skip so i am 100% convinced its not a Jaguar issue but more of a issue with the tyres and the make of tyres, would be interesting to hear if anyone finds using a different make of tyres makes this issue go away.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jasonfpace

Post by Jasonfpace » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:18 pm

I had tyre skip with my previous car a Vw Touareg with 19" Pirelli p zeros, changed to a general grabber all season tyre and this was drastically reduced to once in a blue moon if at all from memory. I find my fpace on Pirelli pzero 22" very jumpy and all round bad traction unless dry weather. Will be changing from Pirelli once these wear out. Unfortunately not many options.
White 3.0d, black/red seats and black roof, privacy glass, black pack, 22" double helix, panoramic sliding roof, cup holder cover and rear release lever.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:11 pm

The 20 inch wheels have Continental tyres and the 22 inch wheels have Pirelli tyres so i wonder if its this thats making the difference and the issues.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”