Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Open letter to Customer Relations

11K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  XERoy 
#1 ·
I purchased my 1st Edition F-Pace early August.
I seem to have had similar ICTP troubles to other owners and members of this forum. These I considered to be teething problems rather than things to get too upset about. One of the items on my list was the inability of the car navigation system to connect, be recognised, and remembered by https://jaguar.here.com using a 3G sim.
After discussions with my local dealer, it was decided that we would try and set the system up with one of their mechanics sitting with me to ensure I was not doing anything incorrectly. This we subsequently did, but to no avail. As a consequence the car was booked in for an estimated 2-3 days to resolve the problem with Jaguar Technical help.
My dealers Servicing Department have done their best to keep me informed of what progress (if any) has occurred. A number of software patches have been applied and a module located in the boot has been replaced. A week ago they informed that the navigation problem had been fixed, but now there was a telemetry problem that meant that it was illegal for them to release the vehicle back to me.
I have no gripe with the dealer and appreciate that they are probably as much in the dark as I am with this/these issues.
So, why am I finally putting pen to paper?
We are now on day 2 of week 4!
How much longer must I be without my F-Pace?
I've not been offered a replacement vehicle while I wait; again I don't put this is down to the dealership, rather to Jaguar not considering the customers needs. I'm sure if I went and banged on the local dealers door they would offer a temporary replacement. I shouldn't need to do this, especially after this amount of time.
I've deliberately not named the dealer as I don't blame them, but I would be happy to discuss this with a Jaguar Custumer Relations person. I've no idea of where I stand legally in this situation and I do not want to consider returning the car, but I do think there should be some form of compensation for my loss of use of the vehicle for this amount of time.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your issues and your not alone, i have one of the very first 1st edition models and i was without my car for two weeks while various issues were tried to be resolved, some have been others i am told will be when the mystery patch 2 software update for the ITCP finally comes out.

On another thread we have ask for a date from Jaguar Customer Services but they seem to hide when you ask and reply to other things.

You will be better placed to contact them directly as mentioned as trying to get a honest reply on here will take much longer and your get the normal response asking you to private message them with your car details ect ect, this appears to be the standard response on here so i would try the direct approach.

Good luck with any compensation, i tried and got no where with it but like you my dealer was great and has been since but there hands i tied up by Jaguar.

#3 ·
Just a thought, as per the other recent posts here, you have created new Nav account and logged in ?

Its hard to spot and I am not even sure the dealers know that.

Mine kindly 'refused' to set up the Nav or any of the ICTP as he thought it was better for me to learn and play myself - he had no idea how to do it ! If I ever get a JLR customer survey, that will cost him points - if I wasn't either a user of this forum or reasonably savvy, i would have really struggled with setting the car up / learning about its functionality.

Still cannot get Google street view to come up as I near my destination - anyone any ideas how to make that work ?

#4 ·
#5 ·
I don't understand why you have not been offered a car? Every time my car has been in I have had either an XE or XF (which helped me confirm the FP was a great choice), and my last bout of 13 days I had been given an FP loaner. So I don't feel there should be any compensation if they place you in a car, I just don't understand why they would not offer or you would not ask for a car?? Sorry if I have missed the point. :?

#6 ·
Like Carl, I'm also surprised you haven't been offered a loan car.

Throughout my time as a Jaguar owner (about 10 years) I have always been offered a loan car when mine has been in with the dealers. Either whatever the dealer had around if my car was in for a service or something equivalent to my car if the car was in for warranty work, the latter had to be arranged through Jaguar. The loan car would either be waiting for me when I dropped mine off or they would deliver if collecting my car from my home.

When my FP failed its PDI and I had to have a loan car they loaned me an F-Type and then when my FP had to go back in they loaned me an XJ (as I didn't really want the F-Type again, strange as that might sound).

#7 ·
When I took the car in on 22th September it was only for a couple of days and as I had access to other vehicles I didn't see the need to 'borrow' another vehicle. But, as time draws on, I feel should at least be offered something to make up for my loss of use for more than 3 weeks.
As I said earlier, I can kick up a fuss at the dealers and demand a replacement vehicle, but that is not my point.
This is my sixth Jaguar and the others have all been excellent in terms of reliability and build quality so I guess I feel let down by Jaguar themselves.
Oh well, I'll just have to contact Jaguar CSC on the phone and have a chat with them. Hopefully someone will listen.

#8 ·
If you are happy not to make a fuss about not having a loan car then your dealer will be equally happy not to bother supplying you with one. Given the prestige of the brand and standards of customer service, you would hope for better, but sadly it seems to be the way of the world nowadays.

Just ask them for a car.

#9 ·
Wow, sorry to hear of your woes. My 2p for what it is worth....if they are not lending you a car, there is no urgency to get you back in yours.

I agree that you probably cannot blame the dealer, but if you don't pressure them for a car, they will just put other work ahead of yours whilst Jag come up with a solution.

#11 ·
Best of luck with your open letter but I fear you will not get too far as Jaguar CRC have a reputation for being pretty useless and ineffective. When a problem with a Jaguar vehicle is raised with them they will often reply that they have not heard of this particular issue as they did with me recently when I attempted to discuss a real fault that is plaguing many F Pace owners. The patronising attitude of some of the script reading staff is not acceptable and recently another Jaguar forum banned one of these people due to the way that complaints were frequently dealt with.

#13 ·
Suggest you drop a note direct to the MD - it got me results and he responded within 20 minutes of me sending my mail on a Sunday evening.

#15 ·
Good afternoon Rouse304r,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the concerns you have brought to my attention, and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused in the process.

I would be more than happy to look into this further for you. In order for me to do so, can I please kindly request that you provide me with your vehicle and contact details via PM.

Many thanks,
Amellia

#16 ·
CarlFRZ434 said:
It really ain't that FUKIN hard!!! Apologies for my language but I am startled by the intelligence of some people!!!!!AAAARRRRHHHH! Can I wipe your arse's for you????
Honestly Carl, if the forum winds you up this much why do you read the posts?

#17 ·
Quite agree Binary and we don't need that language and his rantings don't make much sense anyway!

#19 ·
Bonkers said:
If you are happy not to make a fuss about not having a loan car then your dealer will be equally happy not to bother supplying you with one. Given the prestige of the brand and standards of customer service, you would hope for better, but sadly it seems to be the way of the world nowadays.

Just ask them for a car.
Some dealers have so many issues they don't have any cars, I was at a dealers the other week and one guy sticking to his guns and demanding a car and they just didn't have one. They tried to move stuff around but that day had nothing at all they could offer. I was booking in and next one they had was weeks away. Yes you can push and demand etc etc and depends how important it is. You could do deal where they pay for a hire car or something else
Other way is arrange the visit via jaguar assistance and they use their pool then to get a loaner.

#20 ·
Apologies all, but I am startled by some people's apathy. They become a victim and don't dig deep to defend themselves against big bad JLR!

Trust me, I want us all to enjoy our cars and be delivered working what we bought into. Some of you might feel £40k plus is a pinch of salt....others may have worked damn hard for their funds to buy a Jag and it just grieves me that JLR will flannel people off and those people seem to accept this! It's not fair it's not right nor legal. Your £40k plus was reliable, so should what you bought into be. If I'm guilty of having passion then shoot me down!

#21 ·
Jim said:
Like Carl, I'm also surprised you haven't been offered a loan car.

Throughout my time as a Jaguar owner (about 10 years) I have always been offered a loan car when mine has been in with the dealers. Either whatever the dealer had around if my car was in for a service or something equivalent to my car if the car was in for warranty work, the latter had to be arranged through Jaguar. The loan car would either be waiting for me when I dropped mine off or they would deliver if collecting my car from my home.

When my FP failed its PDI and I had to have a loan car they loaned me an F-Type and then when my FP had to go back in they loaned me an XJ (as I didn't really want the F-Type again, strange as that might sound).
Same here. No shortage of loan cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.