Underbody Rust

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Wookiee

Re: Underbody Rust

Post by Wookiee » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:35 am

Craigann B wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:09 pm
No Jaguar said rusty discs are not covered under warranty as it’s a wear item.
What really annoyed me was the dealership in Perth.
It was in for it’s 3 year service and first MOT. The service report said the rear discs required changing as rusted but the MOT had an advisory saying the FRONT discs were rusted and to be monitored. ??? The separate technicians must have been talking and got the info mixed up front and rear. Just given the fob off by the service dept.
Going to replace the complete set in February before it’s next MOT but certainly not with Jaguar TaTa steel crap.
Let me know what you go with and where you get them from. I've had trouble sourcing after-market discs and pads and am reluctant to try and order myself as I know I'll order the wrong bloody things!
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

Siliconsilver

Post by Siliconsilver » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:30 am

Apemberton, I have purchased the lanoguard which looks good and easy to apply. Does any area need masking before it is applied, for example the exhaust system? I imagine when hot it could create a smell if coated?

apemberton

Post by apemberton » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:00 am

Yes, avoid the exhaust and the brakes! Also any exterior paint, such as around the wheel arches but most of the inner arches are protected with the plastic liner. Target suspension, steering and subframes (the metal components).
I'm hoping to use a ramp at a local garage in exchange for some beer tokens. Would be so much easier to get it up off the ground to do. Also the tip is to keep the spray bottle and liquid in a bucket of warm water to help it spray better, especially in colder weather.
F-Pace S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Glacier White
F-Type S 3.0 V6 Supercharged - Salsa Red

Siliconsilver

Post by Siliconsilver » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:23 pm

Thanks good advice 👍👍