Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Approved vehicle state

12K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Helena M 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I just joined the Jaguar / F-pace club last Friday. I absolutely love it for multiple reasons but I am quite disappointed with the Approved service I have been given.

My main concern is the state the vehicle has been handed over. I was expecting the car to have got all the required attention to make it look as new as possible but I don't think it happened at all. The car is 1.5 years old with ~15k miles. So I am not expecting a brand new car but a thorough clean up from the dealership sounds... The least?

I should mention that I sealed the deal remotely based on pictures and video before it would be "prepared" for the actual D day.

See attached pictures, what do you think? Is it really representative of Jaguar approved standards?

Note that I raised it with the dealership last Sunday (after my first trip with daylight) and I am yet to hear anything back.

Thanks
Adrien

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That's not good enough. You need to keep the pressure on the dealer to get it all sorted. I would be straight on the phone tomorrow morning wanting to speak to the sales manager.

#3 ·
Thanks Keith. I am suggesting them to bring the car back to valeting again, I should hear back tomorrow.

I also noticed a lot of inside areas with scratches, like all the door steps, the boot metal plates, etc. Is it something that is normally addressed as part of the Approved "refurbishment" the car should have gone through?

Cheers

#4 ·
We noticed a number of marks and scratches on the interior and on the paintwork before we collected it and they did sort the vast majority. There was a scratch on the central arm rest which they couldn't do anything about without replacing it which was fine, and a mark on one of the rear seats which they made better but couldn't completely remove which again we said was okay. The dealer has access to products, equipment and skills that you and I probably don't have so I would expect them to improve things if not completely sort them. I think they key is to go over the car with them and create a snagging list of things you feel need sorting. If you just leave it to them then they won't do everything you think needs doing (as they have already demonstrated).

#6 ·
Did you buy from an Approved JLR dealer? They seem to have three levels of cleaning. The first is a Service Wash, Then a Valet Clean or a Full Valet and detailing with products like Auto Guard etc.. Best establish all the issues and establish what level of Cleaning you are to expect.
When the car when first sold did it have Guardex type of body and seat protection applied, if so has it any warranties to come over to you ?

#8 ·
Indeed, not good enough. I've always bought approximately one year old Approved Jaguars from JLR dealers (I'm currently on my 7th). Without exception, they were handed over to me in immaculate condition inside and out and any little blemishes I'd noticed before buying had been rectified. Of course, sometimes there are minor imperfections that can't be dealt with economically (for the dealer) but, as you say, you're not buying a brand new car.

Looking at your pics, I think a proper valet should get rid of most of the marks etc and that's the least you should expect.

#10 ·
If I had cleaned that car as part of my weekly wash it would look 100% better than that. Not good enough by a long way.

#12 ·
Thanks for everyone feedback.

The car is going back to the dealership tomorrow ; management seems chocked too. They will do a full valet and something like "paint recoating" or something like that.

I won't have my car for a week but they will lend me an e-pace (meh...).

I will update you once I have it back, I hope they manage to fix whatever cockup happened!

#14 ·
When we picked our car up it was completely immaculate - they had pointed out a slight scratch on the back and that it would be sorted by the body shop (you can't even see it now). I think this is terrible service and mars the experience of buying your new car. I hope they sorted it for you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.