Corrosion

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Jalees

Re: Corrosion

Post by Jalees » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:21 am

Smitten wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:16 pm
Doors are steel not aluminium. Boot is composite. No corrosion issues but intrigued regarding yours. What does the corrosion look like?
Yes you are correct. So it's the doors which had problem on mine, now there is something very small white pointed like a tip of needle showing up but on roof side frame just above doors and before roof rails . For doors bit I started a thread "rear door rust" if you would like to have a look all pictures are there for mine. Gentlemen Tex agreed and confirmed his is also at same spot on doors.
I didn't follow or asked body shop if there was real rust under paint when they were repairing or it was just something else.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Smitten

Re: Corrosion

Post by Smitten » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:24 pm

Wonder if it is contamination during painting process, small airborne particles for example? I had something tiny that resembled a small aluminium tailing buried in the paint on my passenger front door. It was small and went unnoticed for many months and now resprayed anyway due to vandalism so can't send a pic. To me it looked for all the world like something embedded in door paint...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”