Creaking noise from the rear

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
rak3r

Creaking noise from the rear

Post by rak3r » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi all,

I have an F-Pace bought in Jan'18 which started creaking in the rear about 14 months after taking delivery (only driven 5000 miles).

The vehicle has gone in to get repaired by the dealer's garage a couple of times but to no avail. The garage initially thought it was plastics rubbing each other in the boot and applied some anti-friction silicon coating but when that didn't fix it they thought it might be a misaligned boot and tried fixing that but the creaking still exists and seems to get louder.

The garage can't seem to fix it, the dealer doesn't respond and the last time I contacted JLR they basically asked me to sort it out through the dealer. Is anyone still experiencing any issues with the creak? How was this fixed? Have you got any correspondence or bulletins from JLR about the fix?

Thanks!

Pieface21

Re: Creaking noise from the rear

Post by Pieface21 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:15 pm

rak3r - - -

I have a '17 'S' and was having the same maddening problem. It was driving me, the Dealer and their whole Service Dept. nuts trying to hunt down the problem. Then, a clever mechanic there, stuck with it and FINALLY ferreted out the problem. The creaking was coming from an area around the REAR SEATS when the seat backs were in an 'UP' position. This is what the little Columbo did to alleviate this problem.............
First, RECLINE the rear seats to their far back position. Spray a little silicone spray on the seat back latches and at each of their hinges. I couldn't believe it! The CREAK WAS GONE and has not returned over the last 2+ years. Have at it. I think it may solve your problem.

rak3r

Post by rak3r » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:46 pm

Thanks Pieface21. I'm assuming you have the powered reclining rear seats? Mine doesn't so will this still be applicable? I'll mention this to the garage though.

Interestingly I came across summary of a few bulletins on the web which mention Creaks. Was wondering if anyone had access to any of those. Thanks

Pieface21

Post by Pieface21 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:18 pm

Yes, I have the powered reclining rear seats. Not sure how this would apply to manual......but, it's worth a shot.

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:38 am

Just a long shot...
The early cars suffered creaking issues due to the fitting of faulty rear suspension cones. Possibly another batch of these cones may have surfaced?

First Edition, April 2016, (not so unique) Caesium Blue

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:41 am

Search Creaking Boot, see my experience!
Might help.
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”