Jaguar Tyre Price Guarantee

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Craigann B

Jaguar Tyre Price Guarantee

Post by Craigann B » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Reference Jaguar Tyre Price Guarantee from their Webb site.

Has anyone tried to get any dealership to honour the Jaguar price promise ?
I have tried three different dealerships, showing them tyre quotes complying with Jaguar’s Price Guarantee from local National Tyres & Halford Tyre centres they all refused saying they could not match these prices from their suppliers and would not order these.

What is the point of Jaguar posting on their Webb site they will match or refund the difference, when their dealerships refuse to do this. ?

5EDCBCB9-2AC5-44BB-B6CD-21ACDEF2AAB7.jpeg

MY17. F-Pace 3.0d S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

DPE

Re: Jaguar Tyre Price Guarantee

Post by DPE » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 pm

What is JLR saying ? Are they saying that if you buy your tyres from the JLR Dealer, and then find a Tyre Shop within 15 miles from that JLR Dealer you can go back to the JLR Dealer and they will refund the difference providing it is within 30 days of purchase ? So do you have buy first to get the deal, as it is not a case of price matching ??
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:43 pm

DPE wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:08 pm
What is JLR saying ? Are they saying that if you buy your tyres from the JLR Dealer, and then find a Tyre Shop within 15 miles from that JLR Dealer you can go back to the JLR Dealer and they will refund the difference providing it is within 30 days of purchase ? So do you have buy first to get the deal, as it is not a case of price matching ??
Also i do not know many quickfit ect tyre supplier who you can walk into and say, Hi-I am after a tyre can you give me a printed out quote for tyres, vales, balancing, disposal ect ect.

You may find a friendly one that will but on a whole they are asking for a lot.

Now if you can what a great offer by JLR.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:53 pm

All three dealerships stated they would not refund any money If you get the Jaguar dealership to fit the tyres and try and claim on this.
You get the quotations direct from the tyre Webb sites after picking the closest dealer and book a fitting date, then print out the on-line quotation/billing. I’ve never been refused getting a printed out estimate from a tyre fitter, you just say it’s a claim against your tyre damaged from a pothole etc.
It’s a bad way to go down which could loose you over £200 out as Jaguar dealer prices were 20% higher.
MY17. F-Pace 3.0d S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

DPE

Post by DPE » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:40 pm

Seems a deal that looks good but not agreed with the JLR Dealership ?
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:01 pm

They say they will match the quote, they won’t beat it so sounds like a pain to be fair, if you find a fitter who is offering you the lowest price why would you the. Go to the trouble of getting Jaguar to match it, you would just go to the lowest offer.

Unless I am missing something here there is no real deal being offered, if they said they would give you 10 percent off the best price then that’s different.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

mik

Post by mik » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:11 pm

Its not a price matching commitment.

They are saying that if you buy from them and THEN find the same for less - theh will refund you to that amount.
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 pm

mik wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:11 pm
Its not a price matching commitment.

They are saying that if you buy from them and THEN find the same for less - theh will refund you to that amount.
OH OK, persoanlly i would find the best price and go there but i guess it will depend where the car is at the time and how desperate you are for the car to have the tyres.

You then have the fun of chasing Jaguar for the refund.

DPE

Post by DPE » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:29 pm

Smoke and Mirror deal !

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”