Endless Problems

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
MRB

Re: Endless Problems

Post by MRB » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 am

To be fair I have an amazing service dealer, who do whatever is necessary to please the customer.

CalMan

Post by CalMan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:21 am

I am new to this forum and found it after searching online to see if there were others experiencing similar problems to what I've had with my 2017 F Pace's infotainment system and related electronics. My car is a little over 1 year old and has less than 10,000 miles on it. Within a few months of owning it, I started having problems with the voice command button not working properly on an intermittent basis. The first time that I took it back to the dealer, they kept the car for several days because they ordered a new button. I've had it back to the dealer at least 5 times now and opened a case with Jaguar corporate after about the 3rd return visit. I've had the button replaced a second time and multiple software updates. The problem still persists on an intermittent basis, but always seems to happen at inopportune times while I'm driving and am trying to use the voice control feature to input a GPS destination.

In addition to this persistent problem, I've also had problems with the backup camera locking up while I'm backing up -- giving me the illusion of safety, but once almost hitting a wall behind me. I've also had the GPS map screen lose its map, yet continue navigating with the voice.

I consider the lack of reliability of the voice command function a safety issue, especially since I almost rear-ended another vehicle while traveling on the highway, trying to enter an address so that I could find my way to my destination. I don't understand the issues with the infotainment system since this is pretty basic technology that has been around and working well in other cars for well over a decade.

I've heard that Jaguar has had a myriad of problems with this system and may offer to buy mine back. Since I love driving the F Pace, I'd probably try to buy another with the other infotainment system that Jag offers, assuming that it is more reliable.

I'd love to hear about other experiences with similar issues.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:44 am

No problems. Great car. ICTP now updated to 3.5 and this seems very solid. Very happy customer 2600 miles into ownership. Minor glitches with phone based apps not connecting but overall I would strongly recommend the car. Great drive and perfect for what I need. It is a shame there were so many issues with 2016 and 2017 models as it has damaged the brand and consumer confidence and makes one very wary of being an early adopter...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:53 am

Mine is working great since the last update to ICTP where I had 3.005.9 installed in April.

You don’t say whether you have a ICTP or ICT.

The latest update for ICTP is 3.005.10 release this month , it may be worth putting it back in for yet another update if you have not done so recently After that update to the latest maps which is currently 154.
The speech recognition files and menus are contained in the map update software from here.com.

The reverse camera issue is plaguing all vehicles including the discovery sport and the D5 and the FPace its a common fault across many vehicles.As there is commonality across the Jaguar and Landrover vehicles.
On the landrover side a fix document has been released which related to the image processing module requiring a software update as per here
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/down ... hp?id=7810
As these systems are the same between Jaguar and Landrover I can only presume the same document must exist for Jaguar , normally titled JTB xxxxxx.
It might be worth asking your dealer to check for any image processing updates for your vehicle.

Best of luck getting fixes , the hardest part seems to be getting dealers to locate the correct fix then applying it.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

kgw

Post by kgw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:06 pm

This response is to CalMan's post of 21st June.

Do not despair! If you look through previous posts, you will find my original one dated 26th March. It has taken a further 3 months but I do believe the problems have now been solved! It has taken considerable pressure on the dealership and the Jaguar "Executive Office", plus involvement with a dealership visit from a Jaguar Technical Department Engineer. I believe the major problems were caused by one of the updates (I think 3.5). In the end they had to take the system back to the previous update, carry out one or two adjustments, and install a new unit and camera. This is a quite expensive operation, so JLR are naturally not keen to take this step - but it does work! KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!

I now seem to have the car I ordered and I love it!

image.png

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am

Ive had loads of issues with my f-pace, Ive lost all confidence in the car. Its been in for multiple electrical faults since Ive owned it and Ive formally rejected within the six month period. However jaguar are dismissing my rejection. What options do I have?
Vauxhall Nova, Nissan Primera, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series, Porsche Cayman, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW 530D, Jag F Pace. Guess at which point I had a kid :lol:

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:48 pm

The 17MY early cars had lots is issues especially with ICTP and other related electronic gizmos My own 3.0D is an 18MY built June 17 and so far had been trouble free, it has the standard ICT display with poor traffic updates that aside its very good and I would happily recommend it to anyone who wants a 4x4 that is a fast quiet cruiser.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

CS@Jaguar

Post by CS@Jaguar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:56 am

NEUK wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am
Ive had loads of issues with my f-pace, Ive lost all confidence in the car. Its been in for multiple electrical faults since Ive owned it and Ive formally rejected within the six month period. However jaguar are dismissing my rejection. What options do I have?
Dear NEUK,

I am sorry to learn of your comments.

Please can you PM me your vehicle identification number, name, address and contact number. I would also require the approved retailer that you have attended and further details of your concerns.

Once I have received this information, I would be happy to investigate this further.

Thanks,

Becci

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:53 am

NEUK wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 am
Best advice is to use the search function on this site to look up others who have had or done similar to you, many others have had similar issues but sorted out the rejection in the end, you can then contact them directly for advice.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:20 am

Thank's Jagfpacejk and everyone else, I have also responded to CS@Jaguar
Vauxhall Nova, Nissan Primera, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series, Porsche Cayman, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW 530D, Jag F Pace. Guess at which point I had a kid :lol:

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”