Ad blue top up.

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Bob a

Ad blue top up.

Post by Bob a » Wed May 16, 2018 11:26 am

Now we all know that when you have the service plan to get the Adblue topped up you pop in to the Jaguar garage and they do it free of charge.

So I called them up today to inform them of this and I was told "you have to book it in". For something I can get from the local garage / shop at little cost to do it through Jaguar I have to "book it in" and then wait a while until it is done or come back.

This does not make sense to me. There is not another Jag garage near I could use instead so my options are give it to them and wait a while until it is done or do it myself at little cost.

JLR the idea of the free top up is a good one however you need to be more responsive to the customer, it does not take long to actually do the job - even give it to one of the apprentices.

Disappointed in the customer service I have received here.

philmayfield

Re: Ad blue top up.

Post by philmayfield » Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 am

Ad Blue from Halfords - £11 for 10 litres. Not worth making an appointment wth a dealer, going out of your way and waiting whilst they top it up. Just DIY, it’s so easy. Very similar to topping up the screenwash bottle. Unscrew the blue cap and pour it in. Even Halfords will do it for a small fee if you ask.

RDB1

Post by RDB1 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Sorry to hear of your service levels, had mine topped up last week, my dealer just said drop in when you can which I did and it was completed within a few minutes. I guess each dealer operates differently with their own processes. Even if you do have to book it in it should be only a short wait like mine I would have thought .
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

CS@Jaguar

Post by CS@Jaguar » Wed May 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Bob a wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:26 am
Now we all know that when you have the service plan to get the Adblue topped up you pop in to the Jaguar garage and they do it free of charge.

So I called them up today to inform them of this and I was told "you have to book it in". For something I can get from the local garage / shop at little cost to do it through Jaguar I have to "book it in" and then wait a while until it is done or come back.

This does not make sense to me. There is not another Jag garage near I could use instead so my options are give it to them and wait a while until it is done or do it myself at little cost.

JLR the idea of the free top up is a good one however you need to be more responsive to the customer, it does not take long to actually do the job - even give it to one of the apprentices.

Good afternoon Bob a,

Thank you for your comments on the thread.

Please could kindly send me your vehicle identification number along with the name of your local approved retailer to enable me to pass on your feedback to the Head of Business and the Service Manager.

Thanks, Stacie

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Wed May 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Hi Stacie

PM sent with the details.

Thanks

PhilH67

Post by PhilH67 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Yes get to a proper dealer, mine too said just drop in and so I did, twice (both the missus and me have F's)
Stratstone Notts, proper dealer

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Bob a wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:26 am

No need to book with my dealer. Marshalls Didcot

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

chris

Post by chris » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 pm

I just ring Hatfields Hull, they say just bring it in, have a coffee and biscuit and the job done 10 minutes later.
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Wed May 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Thanks folks, just dropping in appears to be the experience most of you have had and that is what I was expecting.

Unfortunately it was not what I was to get.

billwright

Post by billwright » Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 am

As I posted in a similar topic, there seems to be a lack of knowledge/training on the subject.

When I called, the receptionist said it takes two hours. When I spoke to a sales manager and said I’d sort it he said you have to use the right grade.

When I said it’s pigs piss & water, he didn’t have a clue. Especially when I suggested that be a Jaguar, they had to be free range pigs.

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”