Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Service Plan - or rather lack of

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  CS@Jaguar 
#1 ·
A less than desirable outcome to a service today.

My F-Pace was the ex-demo of the dealer, only a month or so old. When I purchased it, there was no discussion about a Service Plan. I checked the car online after a month or so on Jaguar's service site, the car is listed with my personal plate on it and that it HAS a service plan.

OK, that's good then, when the dealer registered the car as a demonstrator, they must have purchased the plan. Very sensible.

First service today - no service plan apparently. Checked on the same Jaguar site, yep, still there, my registration number, my F-Pace 3.0dS, with service plan. Dealer won't accept that it has one, netiher will JLR.

Apparently the problem is that my previous (disasterous) Discovery Sport which had my private plate on it DID have a service plan. However, they will not accept that their own servicing website clearly shows my registration number with the correct car (F-Pace, not Disco Sport) and it has a service plan. Apparently my fault for not informing their service department that the registration number was no longer on the Disco Sport.....despite the fact that this car was taken in as a rejection due to all the faults.

Surely if their servicing website has the correct details? Anyone had any similar issues and can provide advice?

See less See more
#2 ·
Service plan belongs to the vehicle , I guess they have tagged this to the registration plate and on subsequent change it has appeared on your new vehicle. It should be tagged to the VIN number to stop confusion
You could say you were led to believe it had one due to the data on their system and see if they will retrospectively sell one to you at a (vastlty) reduced cost of course. It's their error after all.

Ps my current HSE Disco Sport is listed by Landrover as an SETech that I previously rejected, same issue transferring private plates means their system can't cope but my service plan was added on the new vehicle at time of sale.

#3 ·
My purchase plan has been issued and cancelled (not by me I hasten to add) a number of times since I purchased it in 2016. JLR are quite capable of issuing replacement policies (more than once to my knowledge) so I would simply tell them they have mislead you when you checked to see if the car had one and you expext them to make good. Not your problem if their systems are inadequate.

#4 ·
If you have not already print off the page that shows you have the plan and then take a copy to the dealer who sold you the car and then ask them to sort this out, its there fault.

#5 ·
Agree. When I sold my 2.0 FPace back to the same dealer and bought a 3.0. I asked if the service plan can be transferred over and any cost difference from a 2.0 to a 3.0d I will pay.
The answer was, even as the plan had never been used. The plan cannot be transferred over or refunded. You will have to buy a new one for the new FPace and the 2.0 FPace will be sold with a service plan in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.