Sucker Marks on the two front windows caused by build robot

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Craigann B

Sucker Marks on the two front windows caused by build robot

Post by Craigann B » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 pm

When the completed doors are reinstalled on the main body, the door is supported by a robot with a 6 sucker head on the windows.
This has left marks on the inside of my two front door windows.
These only appear when the car starts to steam up on cold or wet days before the ventilation clears the windows. They will appear if you breathe on the window to check where they are.
I have tried every window cleaner, vinegar, soap, white spirit etc and things I should not have taken into the car.
I have just returned from a VIP visit to the Solihull factory which my family gifted to me. It was fantastic and would highly recommend this visit. This is where I saw the robot responsible for the marks.

41264201-B047-4189-A8D1-0FA20FE4399B.jpeg

53D562ED-0ECA-4F26-8022-F928F6F20CB5.jpeg

F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

broch71

Re: Sucker Marks on the two front windows caused by build robot

Post by broch71 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:10 am

My F Pace has these mysterious circles appearing when the windows steam up too!!

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:06 am

8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Vulcan

Post by Vulcan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:48 am

Mine shows the same marks too when it gets steamy inside. Another mystery solved, thanks Craigann B.
Yet another no cost option!
Spec as follows:-
Italian racing red, 3.0 diesel, jet seats & headlining, opening pano roof,led headlights, 20"blade wheels,w380 radio, mood lighting, 5 year service pack, boot liner,no cup cover ( I forgot) but cover discs with engraved leaper.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:44 am

A decent window cleaner will remove them, use Meguiars, link below.

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/shop/perfect- ... ss-cleaner
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:54 pm

These marks,also on mine diappeared when I had the front windows tinted so I guess whatever was used to clean the glass proir to the film being applied did the trick. Basic solvent or thinners would also remove these rings.
2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD Portfolio(rejection replacement). Odyssey Red. Latte .Blind Spot Monitor .20"Templars .Red brake calipers. All privacy glass. Side Steps. Space saver. USA plates.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

DPE

Post by DPE » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Have you feet prints on the inside Window screen , lol
F Pace 3.0d S AWD, Corris Grey, Heated Seats front/Rear, Heated Steering Wheel, Panoramic roof, Space Saver wheel and Nice wheels, lots of Stuff.. and cup covers 8-)

Doug

Post by Doug » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Panel wipes ( alcohol ) should remove the marks.
Available from any vehicle parts/ accessory shop, the shop in the picture sell a packet of 5 wipes for £1.50

FAD40A37-DAE7-4649-9E21-2A618C544448.png

F pace R sport 2d auto. Ammonite grey. Black pack. 20" black venoms. Fixed panoramic roof. Privacy glass. Mood lighting. 380w sound. 19" space saver spare. Rear view camera. Cup holder gloss cover + dog guard

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:35 pm

I have tried the old favourites vinegar & water, vinegar & washing liquid, white spirit, alcohol, acetone, thinners, sticky stuff remover.
Commercial products Windowlene, Diamondbrite Glass Cleaner, Meguiar’s PerfectClarity Glass Cleaner, AutoGlym Car Glass Polish, CarBrite Glass Product, Optical Glass Cleaner, window wipes, etc..

Looks like Jaguar will have to change out the glass under warranty.
F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 pm

This rather sounds like silicone contamination, maybe the wrong kind of sucker or not cleaned properly, on some property window glazing I had done the fitters made a mess and got silicone sealant on the glass. There was no way of removing it and the sealed units had to be changed, a bit drastic but the only solution.
F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”